My turbod 04 cavalier rebuild - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 04 Cavalier 5 speed
Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:55 AM
Thanks man me also. Ill show all the pics of me finishing it up. My bottom ends almost done just need to decide on pistons. I also decided im going to do the ld9 harness and computer so thats gona make it alot easier tuning wise.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:08 AM
tony buntjer wrote:Personally idc anymore. Manifold came today and brandon did a great job packaging everything up and I couldnt be any happier. Well worth waiting for to say the least. Now I just have to finish it up. My patiences arent to good if any of you guys didnt realize.

Sorry if I'm coming to the party late here...

You can't call out somebody like Brandon, regardless of your level of patience. He is probably one of the most well-respected members that the .org is fortunate to have both in his level of character and in his willingness to help anybody and everybody. Members like him are what makes this site great - we have lost too many good members to situations like this.

Nobody is disputing that $450 is a lot of money, or downplaying your need for communication or your parts. All we ask is that you bear in mind that he is one of the BEST we have and you need to think rationally before you do something like you did. The .org is a small tight-knit group and to be honest an apology would go a long way. We all make mistakes and we're all human, it happens.

No need for any more name calling or flying off the handle, it honestly only hurts you in the end. Where would you be if somebody like Brandon said "no" to selling you such incredible parts because of your lack of character and bad attitude? What if you need help or advice down the road if your build has issues and nobody wants to help you?

I'm not saying it will come to that, it's just something to consider. It isn't what we do or accomplish in this community that defines us, it is how we interact with the other people and help those who are in need.

The parts look great - I wouldn't expect anything less from Brandon - and your build is coming along nicely. Good luck with it!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:15 AM
See no lie that was the best comment ive recieved. I know i should of never posted anything up but i did it anyways and i wish i would of never said it. Ive told brandon sorry for over reacting but thats it. He wont sell me anymore parts due to what i said. Just means ill have to make them myself i guess. I know im human and some days i do fly off the handle and i shouldnt have the way i did. I know i was wrong for doing it that way and i should of just made a post asking if everything was going ok for him.

good build thread
Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:32 PM
tony buntjer wrote:Jl ya your an idiot and im done wasting my time. Freelance let me ask you something here since you call me a kid and im your age. Do you think i give a fuk about yours or vinces opinions? Let me check NO. Do you or vince help me in any way? Nope sure dont. Oh btw cute little ps you put at the bottom. And me apologize? For what here bro. Im not apologizing to anyone of you on here. Your another dbag. My incosiderate self? Says how well you know me. Was it your money? Um no. Im supposed to send the money i work for and trust everyone on here? Nope i dont think. Do you think i care about ANYONES opinion that i dont know on here? Nope i sure dont. Tell me how all that works out for you. Please leave me the best comment you can but dont give yourself a headache thinking to hard on it k their bud. Lets keep it coming all you fuks.

Yep, didn't care and it was a pretty funny comeback. I will give you credit there bud. As far as your build is coming, it is getting to a respectable level. I see your not cutting corners with the important things, and that is all that matters. Good job and cant wait to see it put back together.

AND FOR THE RECORD, if everyone on here decides to want to turn there back on you for any reason at all, then I will still be willing to help. Not trying to be a smart ass to you, just trying to not be you. Your decision if you accept my help or not. I don't care either way. Just keep your misspelled curse words and over the top attitude someplace other than the forums and get the car done already, lol.

Re: good build thread
Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:46 PM
I plan to sooner then later and thanks for the offer i may take you up on it. If im lucky we will be getting our welder this weekend so hopefully can finish the mani this next week if im lucky. Im still trying to decide on pistons to. Thanks for the compliment to appreciate it man.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:10 PM
tony buntjer wrote: I also decided im going to do the ld9 harness and computer so thats gona make it alot easier tuning wise.

Excellent decision. In the process of finishing up and installing mine as we speak, let me know if you need any help once you're at that point.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:29 PM
Thanks man i will. What vin did you use for the computer? Im also looking for the computer and harness if you know of any.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:45 PM
Well got alot done yesterday and today. Engine bays all painted along with rear seat delete all thanks to my little brother. Have to get my cage still before we carpet it all. Also finally got a chance to see how the manifolds gona work and it barely clears on the head. Any bigger turbo i would of been screwed.
From this

To this

Rear seat delete where my subs will be going if they dont sell

Finally got the door panels on and everything hooked up.

Manifold pics

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:54 AM
I'm in love with that manifold, can I e-hump it? lolz

Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:44 PM
Center console done
The amps with covers off getting painted
Intake side getting preped for some paint
The cage is together. Just have to finish some things up on it. And good welds!
The new valve cover looking amazing
The set up so far

Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:47 PM
Hey that manifold and valve cover looks good on my motor! Lol it's nice to finally see progress on both of our cars

Sunday, March 18, 2012 5:38 PM
damn... looks good!
forgot about this thread. sub'd.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:21 AM
Well got some more work done. Finally got my pistons and just got them back from the machine shop. Back seats almost done just have to get my amp rack done for the trunk.
Also got some more painted on the motor. This motors Joe Heads so just using it to put stuf on and see how it looks.

Also just got my arp flywheel bolts!

Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:42 PM
Why don't you just leave all that on my motor... Lol looks good
Friday, March 23, 2012 6:08 AM
Loving the blue! But I'm biased towards blue... lol
Good stuff Tony.

Friday, March 23, 2012 6:47 AM
I like the valve cover color and turbo color...

Monday, March 26, 2012 3:23 AM
Looking good so far!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 26, 2012 2:47 PM
Wow, I did the undercoated engine bay years ago and now it seems like everybody is copying!!! LOL, but in all seriousness it is a really good way to hide scratches, small dents and other flaws.

My only other thing I got is THIS:

I would highly suggest getting the paint off of the inside of the compressor housing. The clearances are so tight anyways, you don't wanna risk paint coming off and causing any damage in there.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, March 26, 2012 5:39 PM
^^^I definitely agree with that especially in an area that will see stuff being slid across it. Once it starts chipping it will eventually get into the turbo.

Otherwise, looks badass and keep up the good work.

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:36 PM
Everything looks pretty good so far. I would reweld this though. The roll bar isnt correct.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, March 26, 2012 7:56 PM
How isnt the roll bar correct?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:48 AM

Monday, March 26, 2012 10:08 PM
your build has come a long way without a doubt. whats your plans for fueling it, read your portfueler idea but didnt see anything else

Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:36 AM
This thread was previously locked, but has been unlocked at the request of several members. The fighting stops here, though. If anyone chooses to stir the pot after this post, the moderators will not take kindly to them.

This is your *one and only* warning. Keep this thread on topic.

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:58 AM
The roll bar isnt correct because its not welded directly to the rear strut towers. Where you welded it doenst offer any support.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:25 PM
Ya i know i used it for the harness bar and rear seat delete pretty much. This is how it looks now minus my box and the harness bar

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search