My turbod 04 cavalier rebuild - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My 04 Cavalier 5 speed
Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:18 PM
This car is so beautiful... it makes me want to cry that mine ISN'T this
VERY nicely done sir
Always loved that hood and those tails

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *

Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:27 PM
Hey thanks man!! Just wait till its done lol got a lot more to come so check back. I want people's opinions if I should powder coat the rims gloss black? Engine bay is gona be all black with accents from another color that's undecided as for know. Pointers from everyone is always appreciated!

Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:39 PM
Waiting to hear details on the install of this pump...curious if it's drop and go like the w-body racetronix, or if some modification of the housing is needed

Friday, December 09, 2011 4:28 PM
honestly, i am usually the one preaching going black on wheels but man i think your's look absolutely gorgeous as-is. i would leave them.

i cant believe ive missed this thread all this time. im liking what i see here. good job man.

have you had a chance to find out any more history on the car? surely someone here knows this car, has to... its got to many "jbo" mods on it to not be known. the air forced 4 intake manifold (guy in illinois made it, there was a group buy here for them a few years back), and the NWF swap are definitely give aways of some JBO activity...

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, December 09, 2011 5:18 PM
Hey thanks! I'm debating the rims cause my lip on them from the previous owner has brake dust kinda stuck on it and I figured with the powder coat it would help make everything easier to clean.
The kid I got it from did a lot to this car when I got it, however it was a lot of half ass stuff so that meant I had to fix it. I'm just going to do a full motor build and replace everything internal after a year of heavy abuse. I'm debating on port fueler or ld9 rewire and I'm really not for sure which way to go.
It's going to hopefully be getting a tubular turbo manifold if everything works out how expected.
I just wish I could get more feedback on everything. I really need to figure out the wire situation under the bay just don't know where to start.

Friday, December 09, 2011 7:11 PM
Do the ld9 rewire and bigger injectors, port fueler is good but a little pricey. What's your hp goal?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Friday, December 09, 2011 7:15 PM
I have all the parts for the port fueler minus the bungs and the controller module. Im shooting for around 400 whp. I have 60lbers that im planning to put in and was hoping that they would be big enough:

Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:46 AM
60s will be plenty for 400. I did 323 on 42.5s. Now running 75s with plenty of overhead. 60s should have enough room to breathe. If your harness is that hacked then may as well ld9 harness the car.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:30 AM
I have bungs. I'll sell them to you for $1.95 plus shipping. Plus Paypal fees.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:56 PM
How was the install of that fuel pump?

Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:18 PM
I havent done the install yet. Im taking the motor and the trans out tuesday. Im doing a full motor tear down to see how all that boost did on stock pistons. Ill be posting pictures up tuesday night showing everyone hopefully. Im also tearing the trans apart to see how the tg lsd insert looks after a year of use.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:32 PM
I just got the same pump in the mail today, should be installing it soon.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:42 PM
Dude sweet!! U should post all the pics up of it, im glad someone else is using it and that was my goal of telling everyone about it. I just got the trans out, but didnt have time to get the motor out. Hopefully thursday it will be out. Im running and getting seats i found at a cheap buy

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:38 PM
Agreed. Pics would be helpful for everyone!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:09 AM
Well got the trans finally out.

Motors out to!!!

I also tore off the clutch to see the abuse and this is how it looks.

My new purchase I just got for the car on cl. Got them for a steal since their like new.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:18 PM
nice deal on the seats! I need to look for some on craigslist.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:26 PM
Those seats are comfy, by far my favorite aftermarket reclinable seat. Jelous....makes me wish I never sold mine

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:27 PM
These ones seem pretty decent for what i paid. I hope to tear the motor down as soon as i get back from my trip.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:48 PM
I've been away from the org for a while but it's nice to come back to see a couple builds in the midst. Everything's looking good! I'm curious about the fuel pump though. I'm just about to purchase a racetronix W pump and would like to see how the 2 compare.

Keep up the progress, these threads are helping me stay motivated lol.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:53 PM
Hey thanks man. And i hope it does the same as the racetronix at about half the cost. Thats why i was telling everyone about it since u cant beat the price.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:44 PM
just always remember, you get what you pay for.

If you get froggy, feel free to come pull the head off my car

Saturday, December 17, 2011 5:51 AM
My pump is installed, car started up fine and it has 1/8 tank so no issues running out at 1/4 tank.

Haven't drove it yet, I'll fill yall in.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 7:53 AM
Well, car is leaning out now and acts like it wants to run out of gas..

Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:51 AM
did you cut the end of the venturi hose a little? Id bet that the venturi line came off. typical with any pump. You have to snip just the end so it fits. once its on the nipple at the factory it stretches.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:23 AM
Which one is the venturi? The pump didn't come with any kind of directions.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search