winter boredome. - Page 13 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:59 PM
Free cars kick ass. I've had two.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:04 PM
I dont know about you guys but I've had enough of winter...

Thinkin I might pull the cavy out of the garage next week on one of the warmer days, slap some snow tires on and boost too school... my little 89 ford anger is just so damn gutless... plus buddy at the school with a 2.2 daytona wants to race me for some reason lol

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:31 AM
Ty Petersen wrote:ford anger/quote]

I lol'd

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:16 AM
Help! The wife wants a Chelsea tractor! She keeps yammering on about how she can't drive in winter because she wouldn't let me invest in winter tires and the Corolla has no ABS.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:13 AM
Tony T Crams wrote:the Corolla has no ABS.

Ok, but that's a good thing in winter

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:40 AM
Not on sheer ice.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:28 PM
Then she doesn't know how to drive to conditions and apply the brakes slowy, not jam on them like the rest of a city population. I've been in accidents with cars that have ABS and no accidents without. The Z doesn't have ABS at the moment due to a bad wheel sensor, and I have had little problems stopping it on these bad roads. Drive to conditions and there shouldn't be any issues.

Sorry if that came off like an insult, but too many people rely on ABS for bad braking techniques.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:47 PM
first thing I did with the @!#$fire was disconnect the ABS. worst system ever.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:25 PM
Brian E wrote:Then she doesn't know how to drive to conditions and apply the brakes slowy, not jam on them like the rest of a city population. I've been in accidents with cars that have ABS and no accidents without. The Z doesn't have ABS at the moment due to a bad wheel sensor, and I have had little problems stopping it on these bad roads. Drive to conditions and there shouldn't be any issues.

Sorry if that came off like an insult, but too many people rely on ABS for bad braking techniques.

No, I agree. She learned to drive in summer. No one taught her how to drive in winter conditions and when I try, she just says "whatever" and continues driving like a dweeb. At least I got her off the idea of a Chelsea tractor. I told her the only AWD I would be willing to own is a Lancer Ralliart.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:41 AM
It's the dip@!#$s with the AWD and 4x4 vehicles that glare up the roads and leave ruts at the same time. Have I ever needed AWD or 4x4 in the winter? Nope.
Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:49 PM
Forgot how fast the cavy was with a blower on it, made short work of that daytona lol

Anywho, im wondering if anyone knows where I can get the thing tuned this spring in calgary though?

Debating on running a smaller pulley, finishing the exhaust, meth and a tune, but I was also pondering about buying another wet kit (sold mine before I used it last year) and running a 35-50 shot instead of the pulley...

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:44 PM
no2 + blower = BOOM.

that will be my prediction.

plus, it was a Daytona. I used to make fools of them . . . .

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:47 PM
oh n/a I woulda layed the smack down but for whatever reason he didnt believe me I had a blower lol

Friday, January 21, 2011 9:43 AM
dont bother with nitrous, just run the heat exchanger/pulleys and such and have more power all the time

Friday, January 21, 2011 9:47 AM
Brad (flatblackfire) wrote:no2 + blower = BOOM.

that will be my prediction.

plus, it was a Daytona. I used to make fools of them . . . .

Daytona's, Chargers ('80)'s, or any other car based on that platform will be easy targets. Those 2.2/2.5 engines blow head gaskets like a $5 hooker.
Friday, January 21, 2011 9:49 AM
Garret,

I'm getting ole Dwight (J-Body collector) out in Sherwood Park to replace the hubs. I can't break the axle nuts free and I have spent enough on tools. He'll do them for $40 a side which suits me just fine.
Friday, January 21, 2011 10:21 AM
Brian I'd love for you to say that about my cousins Daytona that thing is a beast lol, running 5xx hp, quick as hell, its a 1985 Saytona, 5 speed, Im not sure all he has done, but she quick, that was our first project car lol, he kept it since although he rarely drives it now, it more of a show car, since he parked it, he has 7 other cars that are more fun lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Friday, January 21, 2011 10:44 AM
Your cousins car is different from the other bozo's that want to race their little 98 HP N/A / 142 HP Turbo'd K cars. We are talking stock here, where you keep talking about modified cars.
Friday, January 21, 2011 12:48 PM
Brian E wrote:Garret,

I'm getting ole Dwight (J-Body collector) out in Sherwood Park to replace the hubs. I can't break the axle nuts free and I have spent enough on tools. He'll do them for $40 a side which suits me just fine.

Really? This is surprising. Iv done this many time now and never had a issue, the torque ones on the hub though, well thats a different story. Broke many snap on bits this way.
Use a breaker bar and a impact socket, cant remember the size of the top of my head but its in the 20-30mm range, worst case you stand on the bar to break them free

oh and chargers are gay and so are daytona's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 21, 2011 12:50 PM

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Friday, January 21, 2011 2:04 PM
I have a feeling that a mechanic has replaced these hubs before and has overtightened the nuts. I tried Liquid Wrench, jumping up and down on the breaker bar, and using an impact. Nothing has worked. Dwight probably has air tools, so an impact with more force is probably needed.
Saturday, January 22, 2011 5:08 PM
poor fawker Brian is. lucky for him he was at Dwights.

Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:44 PM
So here are the tail of events as to what happened:

The entire drivers side had to come off as the axle nut could not be removed, no matter what. The half shaft wasn't in the best shape anyways, so we replaced it with another Isuzu half shaft. In all, the spindle, hub, and half shaft were replaced. The passenger side was a lot easier to get off, and it turned out that the passenger hub was garbage. Twenty minutes later, the passenger side hub was replaced. ABS was fixed for me too, turned out that one of the wires on the passenger side connector was broken. Spliced in a new connector, which fixed that. Last part was replacing the muffler strap/harness.

Garret, the hubs work great. Thanks again for getting those to me.

The bad news is that the water pump MAY be weeping. I've filled up the overflow tank over a month ago and I have yet to see the motor eat any coolant. The temp gauge also stays right at 90 degrees as well. Typical f'n Twin Cam water pumps.

All I need to do now are the fog lamps, windshield, and odometer LED. How much did all this work cost me? $250, which are both for the parts and the labour. Dwight said that the Z is a good runner and the Isuzu in mine is a lot quieter than the Isuzu in another '99 Z that he has.
Monday, January 24, 2011 5:37 PM
Monday, January 24, 2011 7:10 PM
Brian E wrote:So here are the tail of events as to what happened:

The entire drivers side had to come off as the axle nut could not be removed, no matter what. The half shaft wasn't in the best shape anyways, so we replaced it with another Isuzu half shaft. In all, the spindle, hub, and half shaft were replaced. The passenger side was a lot easier to get off, and it turned out that the passenger hub was garbage. Twenty minutes later, the passenger side hub was replaced. ABS was fixed for me too, turned out that one of the wires on the passenger side connector was broken. Spliced in a new connector, which fixed that. Last part was replacing the muffler strap/harness.

Garret, the hubs work great. Thanks again for getting those to me.

The bad news is that the water pump MAY be weeping. I've filled up the overflow tank over a month ago and I have yet to see the motor eat any coolant. The temp gauge also stays right at 90 degrees as well. Typical f'n Twin Cam water pumps.

All I need to do now are the fog lamps, windshield, and odometer LED. How much did all this work cost me? $250, which are both for the parts and the labour. Dwight said that the Z is a good runner and the Isuzu in mine is a lot quieter than the Isuzu in another '99 Z that he has.

Told you was right about the abs lol, if the water pump is weeping dont worry about it lol, mine been weeping for 3 years now, havent used any coolant yet*knock on wood*, Isuzus are naturally quiet, if noisy then you have a problem lol, led is a 5 minutes job, and by the way its not an led its a small bulb, can be removed from 95-99 clusters, pop and pull then install. fog lamps are easy couple screws remove then install new, windshield can be done by you also if choose to

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, January 24, 2011 8:12 PM
I have an appointment with Windshield Surgeons to get it done. $208 for a new one.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search