All NC J-Bodies!!! - Page 11 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: All NC J-Bodies!!!
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:13 PM
Hey once again.I have yet to do my axles and input shaft seal due to weather.I did manage to get it inspected for only 9.20 thank goodness for the new inspection laws,no more emission b/s for my old cav!I hope to get the parts here soon I have the doh to do it just keeps getting rainy or cold so I am waiting to pull things apart at the moment.That is my status at the moment hope this spring will be a good time for all us js to hook up and meet each other new peps and old.Ok

Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:23 PM
Im new to j-body im out here in Clemmons (right outside of Winston-Salem).
Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:35 PM
Yeah I know clemmons area I drive a tractor trailer locally here in nc etc.So ur not far from greensboro by any means.I think sometime in the spring all us locals around the area ws,hp,raleigh charlotte will all meet up.I know some of the other areas may have meets prior to that in there area like charlotte or raleigh.Just keep tabs on post here u will see lots of stuff coming up since spring is closing in.Thx for joining our jbody site and not to mention the nc j body crowd.Welcome.I am the only first gen j but that just makes me stand out with out mods and such.

Friday, January 27, 2006 5:09 AM
Hey man, I am from winston. about 5 minutes from clemons. welcome to the area. I drive an `01 white cavy with a wingswest kit lowerd on 17's. dont' drive it much right now. getting ready to start shaving it clean as son as I get more comfortable welding. Whatcha got done to yours?
Sunday, January 29, 2006 9:51 AM
Nothing so far man but in getting ready to do a whole lot. Just got some dc sports headers the other day, intake is on the way kit & rims too and more. How low is your cavi? I don't know what setup to run as far as lowering my car.
Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:35 AM
Mine is lowered with coilovers but I would not recommend these by any means. They have a tendency to snap, crackle and pop when you turn the wheels unless you keep them greased and this is just a pain. I am going to swaping out to air some time so I can have it ground worthy yet still drivable. mine is about 1.75" down right now. used to be 2.5 but that was before the kit. hand to bring it back up when I put the kit on so I could get it out of my driveway. Got a steep hill to drive down. What kinda kit you got in mind?
Sunday, January 29, 2006 5:38 PM
Im looking at the rksport kit but its pricey , I also like the extreme dimensions blits body kit
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:24 PM
Where are the NC jbody peps?I have not seen alot of the usualls post in a long while.What are u raleigh peps into lately.I know its still winter and most meets and or shows are not till spring as we all know.I am just waiting for some warmer weather b4 doing some major work on mine and don't want to tear things apart till then to upgrade and or repair.Come on why's everybody hiding or not been posting lately.Ok that's about it for now.

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:04 PM
Hehe Im not hiding I just finished my engine setup( AEM intake,Dc Sports Race Header , Magnaflow Exhaust w/o resonator lol rk engine mounts) getting ready to get a resonator and put on some kyb agx with sportlines and also I have a cel since those headers have went on with the test pipe does anyone know of a good o2 sim the one from summit racing is garbage.
Friday, February 10, 2006 8:21 PM
i got the caspers one from high rev racing, it actually came within a couple days, then i order my springs and struts and wait 2 months neway, you can try high revs, mine works fine.

On a side note my car has now been restored to its former glory after my little accident, ill be up and around raleigh with some friends tomorrow night if any one sees/hears me.

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:30 PM
thats the one i have casper i think maybe its a dud or it came loose from my raspy as h311 exhaust. I'll check it out the first day i had no cel then 2nd day got on about the first o2 i replaced that and then now its the o2 and a code saying in running rich lol

Friday, February 24, 2006 10:06 PM
What's up people.I actually drove the cavalier tonight,it's been in hibernation for the past couple of weeks.I still need to do the needed work on it but,could not resist driving some real old gm cavy exper.I am wondering when the next meet we b in the spring at piedmont dragstrip or something to that nature.Eventually spring will roll in so I can do my project fix it cav work and b ready to hang out some more.I am not driving the cav too much until I really fix the half shaft seal and throw on my new axles while I am doing it.That's about it for now.I hope to have my car srt8 by spring so I can be worry free.

Saturday, February 25, 2006 8:30 AM
us here in raleigh we are all in a new CC called Street Visions. we had our first meet last weekend in concord, nc. go to http://domesticdisturbance.hyperboards.com/index.php to see our website for pics . or go to http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=23&i=31765&t=31765
we are always looking for new people to join us.

Monday, February 27, 2006 10:12 AM
/\ GOOD TIMES!! btw... i wanna run you in my car

Monday, February 27, 2006 3:02 PM
lol whys that?

Monday, February 27, 2006 9:36 PM
I wanna join, I wanna join!! Since Saturday, I've been stripping the paint off the 2.0 tbi elbow that I have and polishing it. It still needs alot of work, but it's going to look awesome when I finish. It's Josh's fault, I told him I wanted a polished valve cover and he told me to polish it myself, so I am. I'm going to get one from the junkyard and polish it and then the intake and valve cover will match, and be really shiny too. Hell, I'll drive to Charlotte, I don't care. Then my Cav will hit 300,000 miles faster and I can rebuild the engine
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 5:58 AM
dnacustoms wrote:lol whys that?

something to do lol.

Friday, March 10, 2006 10:19 PM
Well looks like warm weather has started to set in! At least this wkend so soon I can start my axle project and so forth.I have yet to do it due to weather and look forward to getting it all done so I can attend some meets this spring/summer.Just saying hello and that's about it for now.I may start on my intake manifold gasket project it needs to b replaced this wkend just depends on my schedule of things to do.Have a great wkend and idios.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:02 PM
does anyone know of a good dyno shop? I just got my SafcII and i need to get my car tuned right now im running rich as hell.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006 4:59 AM
where abouts do you live I know what town you live in just not knowing what city its near exactly.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 9:03 PM
Near winston salem.It's only minutes away from there.OK

Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:05 AM
are you talking about you or GreenFireGT? lol im confused

Friday, March 17, 2006 4:33 PM
yea me lol Clemmons is very close too w-s and i'll run against u even tho i'll lose lol
Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:21 AM
we need to have a local meet sometime, im near winston-salem and i drive a 2006 cobalt

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe
Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:01 PM
It's been awhile since I have posted anything at least here on the official nc j thing.I am soon going to start the much needed work on my car.I have to replace both front axles as I have posted and intake manifold gasket and since it's finally started to be warm I should start on it in a wk or two.Nothing new here overall but,look forward to doing my upgrades and some front end restoration with the suspension new struts and undercoating etc.That's it for now have a good wkend and hopefully I can get this done soon so I can meet up at some shows or meets this yr.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search