RSM supercharger 04 SF GT - Page 10 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RSM supercharger 04 SF GT
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:47 AM
I have been waiting for somone to dyno one of these blowers. After seeing all the trouble everyone is having with check engine lights on these new Ecotec -turbos-cams ect. Its hard to spend this kind of money without proof of the driveability and power . SOMBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:42 AM
just a general question --- wouldn't any ecu from the same year work on your car -- like if i found one in a yard and mailed that up to you and then put it in would it work? -- that way you are not out of a car for a week and a half

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:05 AM
the pcm's are vin coded , and wont start unless all systems match vin #'s

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:37 AM
yeah that was the one thing I was worried about

I just have a friend who was able to do it with his car

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:08 AM
anyone done the install?
im tirted off waiting for g/m's charger and it seems like the turbo kits arent that great, i wanna see what this things like, maybe i'll have to make a purchase

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:34 PM
Yeah...I'm done. It pulls really good til red line, and has a nice whizzz sound at idol. Good install. I have pics but I can't post them...someone who will post them email me.

It's just now cutting it's teeth.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:34 PM
Yeah...I'm done. It pulls really good til red line, and has a nice whizzz sound at idol. Good install. I have pics but I can't post them...someone who will post them email me.
Lesuer26@yahoo.com

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:59 PM
you sure about the PCM thing because I'm getting a spare 03 one and plugging it into mine to use while my other one is in Canada being reflashed

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, March 17, 2005 6:28 PM
Quote:

Yeah...I'm done. It pulls really good til red line, and has a nice whizzz sound at idol. Good install.

Dude, you don't sound too excited for someone who just got blown.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:40 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:you sure about the PCM thing because I'm getting a spare 03 one and plugging it into mine to use while my other one is in Canada being reflashed

positive

ive tried it already

Friday, March 18, 2005 12:03 PM
You don't really get that exited about having a s/c car after you've had about 10 beers I'm really happy with it! The sound, the feel, the whole powerband is different and I can exelorate nicely under partial throttle...keeping the tack under 2500 rpms. The gradual boost is great for keeping traction. I have no problems with that. Any questions I can answer.
RSM told me that we can get a pcm from another car (with same options and auto w/auto or manual w/manual.) Call them

Friday, March 18, 2005 12:08 PM
Quote:

You don't really get that exited about having a s/c car after you've had about 10 beers

No problem. I'm looking forward to mine next week!

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Friday, March 18, 2005 12:36 PM
id rather have 10 psi of boost than 10 beers

more so after a s/c was just put on

i wouldnt want to be drinking and driving under boost , it ruins the high from the boost

Friday, March 18, 2005 4:28 PM
I,m installing mine this weekend And yes I,m very excited.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:30 AM
He sent me some pics for me to post so here they are

Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:31 AM
Looks good,but he has to clock the s/c so the charge pipe is straight.To do that,just loosen up the bolt on the metal strap going around the charger,and turn the s/c so it lines up.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:01 AM
I tried to clock it as much as I could. If I clocked it anymore I wouldn't be able to reach the nut on the strap. I guess you would have to see it to understand

Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:59 PM
Well I am boosted at last.It sounds wild at idle and just gets better as you rev it up,Tomorrow I will take the car out on the road for a test ride,Depends on the weather.I have pictures but I am unsure how to post them here If you want to see them let me know I,ll try my best.Next week I hope to run the car on the dyno.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:43 PM
looks sweet man

i was looking at a cobalt today with the rsm s/c on it

dam taxes and lack of a producing money tree

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:36 AM
looks really good man, i'm new here and really want to boost my car.
so i'm just looking to get all the pro and cons of the rsm kit befor getting it for my car.
let us all know please
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:16 AM
yeah that looks sweet, are you going to run it at the track?

Sunday, March 20, 2005 2:21 PM
I'll probably dyno it before I hit the track. Chris what about you? I'm shooting for low 14's with wieght reduction. Anyone know where a track is close to VA?

6PSI RSMracing Stage 1 Supercharger Kit.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:05 PM
I just got back from my test ride Man this thing is just wild ! I am very happy would I recommend this kit hell ya ! I let my wife drive on the way back to the city. next thing I know I,m slammed into my seat as she floors the pedal and I watch as the speedo flys well beyond the 110 km/hr posted limit.I told her to back it down and she says oh my god look how fast I,m going.She slowed down then looked over at me and said I think I may call in sick tomorrow after you go to work.So I can steal your car! You can be damn sure I locked the car in the shop set the alarm and I,m taking my keys with me to work.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:14 PM
chris orr wrote:I just got back from my test ride Man this thing is just wild ! I am very happy would I recommend this kit hell ya ! I let my wife drive on the way back to the city. next thing I know I,m slammed into my seat as she floors the pedal and I watch as the speedo flys well beyond the 110 km/hr posted limit.I told her to back it down and she says oh my god look how fast I,m going.She slowed down then looked over at me and said I think I may call in sick tomorrow after you go to work.So I can steal your car! You can be damn sure I locked the car in the shop set the alarm and I,m taking my keys with me to work.

That is so cool! Ironic your post as I dropped off my car at RSM tonight. I'll post up on Wednesday, I can't wait!

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:38 PM
god i cant wait for mine

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search