FAQ re: Cluster lights - Page 15 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: FAQ re: Cluster lights
Friday, April 28, 2006 10:24 AM
It is doable, but theres a LOT of custom work on it that would need to get done.

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav

Friday, April 28, 2006 12:31 PM
i can imagne some foil inserts to block and direct light would make it possible...

as long as it doesnt touch any circuitry

Friday, April 28, 2006 1:21 PM
not quite that easy, once you would have a single color of light enter the the plexi piece, then that color is there. Most likely what would happen is that one side would be one color, the other another color, and then the middle would be the mixture of the two colors, but, each side would still have hints of the the other colors

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Friday, April 28, 2006 2:57 PM
the simplest thing to do would probably be to cut the plexi and use the metal foil tape i bought to mod my hvac (which i will post pics up of it later if anyone is interested... i will hopefull have a surprize) to seal it off.

but what i will probably do is try the combo first.

from fuel/temp -> speedo -> tach
red ---------------> white -----> red (or something like that. and i wil see if it flows from one to the other ok. if not, 2 cuts and smoe metal foil tape will do the trick.

Injection is nice but id rather be BLOWN!
Friday, April 28, 2006 11:08 PM
well since i changed my plans i have both the guage and havc leds i need yellow ones now will any one buy these? or trade for yellow ones? i also have 4 12" red cathods and 1 6" cathod if and one just wants to do there hole interior in red

Saturday, April 29, 2006 5:00 PM
I recently purchased the multi directional LED's from superbrightleds.com. I went to install them today and followed the instructions above and am having problems getting the lights to work. I put them in, hooked up all the wiring and, nothing. The lights will not come on, my fog lights will not come on, the cigarette lighter will not work and the lights in the HVAC will not work either after putting the #74 led bulbs in. Any help would be appreciated as i now have no instrument panel lights which will make for a fun drive at night now.
Sunday, April 30, 2006 12:22 AM
i just did mine and i too also have no lights to avail. my cluster lights- my hvac- and also my cig stoped working too. any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. i only changed my lights cuz they burnt out, if it wasnt for that then they woulda just stayed stock but now i went for blue. i know the leds work cus i tried them b4 and after i set them up but they dont seem to work in the car. i even tried turning them 180 degrees, and they still wont work. there go at about 8 i had to go to the store and i noticed my clusters wernt lighting either and i tried the ciggarette socket but nothing wants to work.

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:04 AM
Make sure you plugged everything back in... the harness attaching the front bezel wiring needs to be plugged in as well, not just the cluster.

Monday, May 01, 2006 6:19 PM
well i was able to get my cluster lights working and my cigarette lighter working again but my hvac still doesnt work. i checked for power and i have power so im asuming that my lil plus for the lights are messed up, anyone know where i can get these at? i have a '03 cavalier ls

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:29 PM
did you try to turn then 180? like pull the bulb out and turn? only thing i can think of.
sorry i dont know were i could get them other then a junk yard...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 2:14 PM
yeah i tried turning mine 180 degrees but that didnt work. i know the leds work cus i tried them and tested them b4 and after but they just wont work in my car. i looked over the gray hiolders and they seem to be messed up and i have tried a junk yard but they didnt have any. but i only checked one maybe another one has them. right now just so i have my hvac light up i stuck a blue l.e.d. behind my hvac panel. i know its not done right but it works for now until i find the replacement lil gray holders. and the blue l.e.d, i have it tied to a switch so i can turn it on and off whenevr i want

Saturday, May 06, 2006 7:57 PM
TRD_CAV (poisioncavi) wrote:heres my pix....5 directional white led's

this is exactly what i want my cluster to look like....... i have an '04 cavy tho...... and last time i checked it was impossible for me to simply pull the cluster apart or unscrew it to change the bulbs. (much different then the steps in this thread at the beginning)

does anyone know how to do this (possibly with a link reference)

if u know where to get the LED's u used that would be a big help........ or if you know the bulb number or w/e so i can try to find it that will help too.

-----------
Larry Daguanno
White 4dr 2004 Cavalier LS

Richmond Hill, Ontario
University of Guelph-Humber Grad
Sunday, May 07, 2006 4:11 AM
rawk- hows my cluster coming?

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:56 PM
i honesly am about to give up on it! I got the power supply part i needed it was the right one installed... turned it on ... POP ... many things blew up. So im scedualed some time to work on the cluster during school but it wont be for like a couple of weeks. Plus i cant work on it after school with my job now and my things i have going on with my car so. Ill try to update you all on it!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:07 AM
Hey guys,

Does anyone know the best way to pull out the two bulbs from the HVAC assembly. I was able to twist out the sockets, but I could not pull the bulbs out . Could not get a good enough grip. Don't want to break them while pulling them out. Any tips??

Thanks
Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:30 PM
Wrong topic... but to get the HVAC bulbs out, you will have to break them. Hold the socket inside a rag, and grab onto the bulb with a pair of pliers through the rag... the bulb breaks, the rag catches the glass... then use some needlenose pliers to pull the rest of the bulb out of the socket.

Friday, June 23, 2006 7:48 PM
Just did mine last night with green... and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out...

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:14 PM

Doing them in a 00-02 is a lit easier and way different than I thought. Used a dremel at the top of the cluster. Placed 4 led pods (6 leds in each) on the top pointing down and thats how they look. I had some help though bc I had no idea how to do them.
Monday, November 06, 2006 6:37 PM
will be doing mine sometime soon... sweet mod

STUFF FOR SALE... Please click here and see more info...
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:44 AM
Myles wrote:

Doing them in a 00-02 is a lit easier and way different than I thought. Used a dremel at the top of the cluster. Placed 4 led pods (6 leds in each) on the top pointing down and thats how they look. I had some help though bc I had no idea how to do them.

So your odometer doesnt light up or does it light up blue? If it doesnt light up how did u make it not...PM me, I have the pods just waiting for some time to get them installed from a buddy
Saturday, November 11, 2006 8:34 PM
Alright, I have my needles off, i put them back on to make sure the gauges still work. Yes they still work!! I tried it 3 times and now i am ready to change the lights. Buzz here is a question for you,
Should i get some 5mm leds or should i find a replacement size?
I also love how small the warning light LEDs are. LOL they are like .5mm squares.
So do you have a link or a size to replace the lights with.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:47 AM
the last year where the needles pop off was 02 right? is it possible that would be a direct connect to my 05?

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:48 AM
if im able to find one with similar miles

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 10:35 AM
brandon schnupp wrote:Alright, I have my needles off, i put them back on to make sure the gauges still work. Yes they still work!! I tried it 3 times and now i am ready to change the lights. Buzz here is a question for you,
Should i get some 5mm leds or should i find a replacement size?
I also love how small the warning light LEDs are. LOL they are like .5mm squares.
So do you have a link or a size to replace the lights with.

COLIN B.>>>>>>The milage ISNT stored in the cluster, it is stored in the computer. So you can buy any 02+ cluster and put it in and you will have the same millage that will show up

Monday, November 13, 2006 6:46 AM
ok sweet

maybe ill swap my sisters bc shes got an 02 and she wants blue hvac lights so i swap clusters while im doin it ha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search