FAQ re: Cluster lights - Page 6 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: FAQ re: Cluster lights
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 1:47 AM
i found and order the 194 green led bulbs on ebay for 5.49 a pair

but were can i find the #74 green led bulbs at any ideas??????

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:16 AM
im getting all mine from www.SuperbrightLEDs.com

Getting (4) #194 Green (with 5 leds in each one..)LED replacements
and (2) #74 Green LED Replacements
for like $23 bucks shipped.. the 194s have a led then 4 small leds around it pointing in all directions.. hopefully making it where the guages will have no dark spots.. but since i dont have a credit card they have a minimum of $25 per mailed in order so im gonna ask a buddy if he wants to get some blue ones for his HVAC too.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:15 AM
DROCHERZ24 wrote:i jus looked..u did that on a 99 pics of an 00 ?

YET again, this is for 99 and older.......

robert polep ---> look in HVAC thread...... but it's #74

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 4:01 PM
robert polep wrote:i found and order the 194 green led bulbs on ebay for 5.49 a pair

but were can i find the #74 green led bulbs at any ideas??????

Holy crap thats how much all of the ones i needed for a friends car plus the hvac bulbs, so man but you got jiped, go to www.superbrightleds.com They have them rather cheap, if your a pocket pincher they ya its a bit but compared to those dang there cheeper.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:51 PM
So, no new info about the 00+ LED's buzz?
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:38 PM
Manta Z(JDM Approved by JoeDM) wrote:im getting all mine from www.SuperbrightLEDs.com

for like $23 bucks shipped.. the 194s have a led then 4 small leds around it pointing in all directions.. hopefully making it where the guages will have no dark spots.. but since i dont have a credit card they have a minimum of $25 per mailed in order so im gonna ask a buddy if he wants to get some blue ones for his HVAC too.

whats the part # you used...im a lil confused on which one to select but i want to get the 360 view led...

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:19 PM
Manta Z(JDM Approved by JoeDM) wrote:the 194s have a led then 4 small leds around it pointing in all directions.. hopefully making it where the guages will have no dark spots

I was thinking of using those same bulbs, PLEASE post pictures when you install them, I'm sure others beside me would wanna see the result.

ZeeTwankyFo- THANK YOU for those pictures! Great description!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:20 PM
J-Bo ---- > you must be refering about the warning olights, right ?

well, about those i'm getting word back from "XXXXXXXXX" company either tomorow, or day after, otherwise i'm calling them.......... besides that, what else were you in particular interest ?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:08 AM
alkatmsu wrote:
Manta Z(JDM Approved by JoeDM) wrote:the 194s have a led then 4 small leds around it pointing in all directions.. hopefully making it where the guages will have no dark spots

I was thinking of using those same bulbs, PLEASE post pictures when you install them, I'm sure others beside me would wanna see the result.

Most likily Nick(z2fst4u or Sec Z.. w/e he goes by) will have em posted before me.. he ordered his monday.. im still waiting to get ahold of a friend askin if he wants some LEDs for his HVAC so i can make the minimum mailed in order..

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:53 AM
Was talking about the bulbs in general, warning lights, speedo, odometer, etc...

Was the fact that the bulbs were hard to find the only real problem?(besides the needles)
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:41 AM
For the 00 + clusters, you gotta do some major soldering work to replace those lights, it's not that easy, unlike a plug and play......
thats for the odo, speedo, temp, fuel, RPM's...........
Now the lights that are in the warning light position, those are very, very special LED's, and finding them, i did, i know exactly the specs on them, butthe thing is, to take those off, and replace 'em with the same type of LED, is do-able BUT there is only a choice of 3 colors that you can get them... AMBER, GREEN, or RED..........
I am currently working on getting it light up in either blue, or white......
when i can get the whole board to light up white, it will be easy for me to do different color needles, letsay, white needles, and a blue board......
thats the current situation.......
i just about got it all down......

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:15 AM
^I dont get why you dont just take the plugs out and solder any LED to the contacts that the plug touched....Why do you need to keep the plugs?

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:40 PM
TRD_CAV (poisioncavi) wrote:
Manta Z(JDM Approved by JoeDM) wrote:im getting all mine from www.SuperbrightLEDs.com

whats the part # you used...im a lil confused on which one to select but i want to get the 360 view led...

sorry completely missed ur post..

WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb
12 VDC 5-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
Super Wide Viewing Angle bulb uses 4 radially mounted LEDs aiming out the sides and one High Flux LED on top
Non Polarized
$ 2.79

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 3:34 PM
Cool man, keep me informed. I'm going to snatch mine out here in a couple days so I can get a better understanding of what you're talking about.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:09 PM
Prolly gonna order mine monday.. waitin for 2 friends to get me some cash so i can order theirs with mine

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:06 AM
ZeeTwankyFo -------> thats one way of doing it, but if you are weray about messing up the circit board it's better to just solder on the plugs.......

Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:20 PM
to all those who remember me saying that the right side of my cluster wasnt lit up just right, i took it out and found that the connections werent right. (it was the first socket i tried doing) so after taking it out and fixing it, i was just about to install it when one of the silver tabs broke off... does anyone know where i can find these tabs? if so how much... i went to a dealer to check on the prices of the socket and a vaccuum harness(just pulled my WHOLE wiring harness *PITA*). they wanted $6.67 for each socket... they also told me that some GM cars have the same sockets...does anyone know if some from another car fit a 96 cavy?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 6:31 PM
I just took out my cluster and starting examining it. LMAO at the warning light LED's, I've never seen anything like it and i've seen alot of instrument panel boards. With the normal bulbs you could do what Zee said but for the warning lights, I dunno... Those holes are so small and if you did put a bulb there would their be enough clearance?
Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:34 PM
thats why i really don't wanna give away my screts, because i figured them out, i know what lights they are, and how to change them...... not trying to brag, but hell.....
i did the research, and what i went through to get my info, i really don't wanna just give it up...........

Thats why i'm offering, if you want to change it, which i know no-one else will, then get a hold of me, and i can do that for you........ also depending on what color also would depend on the price of it.....

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:57 PM
Well, I wasn't asking you to give up your so called "trade secrets". I was simply thinking out loud in hopes of trying to figure it out as a whole. I came here to discuss and share opinions/idea's because I thought this was a discussion thread about changing the lights in your cluster, but it seems to me you're just trying to force people into sending you their clusters so you can make a buck or two. I guess thats all fine and dandy and if that was your intent from the start then I simply posted in the wrong thread.
Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:45 PM
I wasn't taking any offense, nor should you, and if you really want to do it yourself, go for it, i'm not trying to make money off it, but i'm definatly not gonna doit for free....
i just strongly recomend that not everyone just jhump into trying to change them out, because most likely they will mess up their clusters........
And you are in the right thread...........

Friday, February 17, 2006 5:34 AM
yes but buzz...75 bucks to change some lights..im sorry but thats a load of BS

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.
Friday, February 17, 2006 6:10 AM
fine, it's a load of BS............ whatever............ it's not like i'm twisting your arm so that you have to change your damn lights ...... jeezus people !!!
Go and do it yourself..... or go pay $200 to get Black Cat to do that for you....
I really don't care.........
Figures, i offer something, and i get jumped on about it.....

Friday, February 17, 2006 6:19 AM
buzz im not jumping on u about it...the quality of ur work isnt being questioned at all..im just sayin that led's cost what 10 bucks at the MOST for all of em..so 65 bucks for some soldering...and some other work...just seems kinda steep to me

My Other Ride

RIP Saint...Semper Fi.
Friday, February 17, 2006 6:27 AM
If you took it apart, and spent hours on it testing, de-soldering, testing, soldering, retesting, making sure everything works, and have the patience to do that...... then i'd say that's pretty damn reasonable......... i'm not gonna spend 2-3 hours on it, for free.... i love you people, but not that much......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search