My turbod 04 cavalier rebuild - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My turbod 04 cavalier rebuild
Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:46 AM
My cars kind of a work in progress. I bought it at the end of november I just haven't gotten a chance to post it up here. I would like peoples opinions on what you think I should.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:24 PM

Re: My 04 Cavalier 5 speed
Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:54 AM
Edited since you fixed the pics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:58 AM

Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:54 AM
My pictures got out of order

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:53 AM

Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:00 AM
Well I bought the car with alot of stuff done to it already and im just adding to it. I was planning to replace the clutch cause it started slipping but after getting new tires and getting on it the differential decided to blow up. When it blew it sent a nice junk out the side case and back into the gears. So that trans was shot and I ended up buying a used one for 350 thanks to Vince helping me find it. Now im just waiting for parts to put it all back together.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:02 AM

Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:16 AM
The exterior of the car is absolutely perfect, dont change a thing. The engine bay needs ALOT of work. Random wires everywhere, kinda reminds me of skunks engine bay. Once stuff like that is dealt with, it will be absolutely perfect.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:56 AM
Thanks man. I know the bay looks like crap. I don't even know where to start. I just painted all my hardpipes and my intercooler black. Im gona paint the computer black to. I just don't know where to put my fuse tray and have it look good.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:26 PM
ITs easy to relocate the ecm under the dash on your car.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:03 PM
I was just thinking of doing that today actually. I haven't been able to find a good place for my fuses cause of where my hardpipes are located. I just took some more pics of how everything is now and ill be posting them up tomorrow.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:21 PM
ECU Relocation

This is the way to go when relocating the ECM

Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:23 PM
btw...exterior looks great...some simple green and a little paint elsewhere and you will be golden

Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:36 PM
Thanks man. I never even thought about it up their. That's a great idea!

Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:06 PM
Very nice man, the only thing about the exterior I would change would be removing the side moldings. Other than that sweet car man.

Dave

Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:26 PM
Thanks man. I was debating on doing that cause I park in so many parking lots and I would be really mad to come out and see a nice door ding from some one who doesn't respect other peoples cars.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 9:19 PM
Did you make that gauge cluster? it looks sick.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:04 PM
Looks good bro, love the wheels

Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:13 PM
LOL @ the gears!

What brand of catch can is that?

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:16 PM
Ya the gauge pod actually turned out alot better then I thought. Ill take some pics of it all out tomorrow. The wheels are my favorite thing on the car lol. Well the gears in the differential I think were mesessed up with I bought it. But I thought it was just the slave cylinder and was planning to replace it all when I replaced the clutch. Does anyone have any opinions on where I should put my fuse tray? And thanks for all the compliments guys means alot.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:19 PM
And erik its just some cheap ebay one till I get a better one. Their was just a filter on it before and it was getting all full of blow by and spraying all over the bay. So I just threw it on for the time being.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:23 PM
Nice boosted cavi! I like those rims.
There was somebody on here that moved their fuse panel to the glove box. If you don't use your glove box then it's a great spot. Of course you could always make a bracket and mount it where you have it now but maybe level.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:41 PM
Looks good!!

(Your sig is too big)

I like the picture of the chick like "omg my hands are dirty"

Sunday, March 27, 2011 11:46 PM
Man I know my sig is to big lol I don't know how to fix it or I would. And I know my gf always tries to help out cause she is bored when im always working on it. So after she gets her hands dirty she makes it seem like its a great accomplishment. It cracks me up everytime lol

Monday, March 28, 2011 3:23 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Looks good!!

(Your sig is too big)

I like the picture of the chick like "omg my hands are dirty"

everything he said here. i love the gauge cluster. very unique and different.

Monday, March 28, 2011 3:32 AM
looking good....clean up that engine bay and your golden

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, March 28, 2011 8:30 AM
I would get rid of the hood, but the car is clean and overall i like it. Clean up the engine bay and your set. Match up the gauges, meaning either all black face, or white face and should be good.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search