blu's 04 Supercharged Cavalier build - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: blu's 04 Supercharged Cavalier build
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:22 PM
Nice to see you got the motor man! Now grab a 6 pack and get it in the car!!

Oh, and if I do decide to attempt the p12 pcm/harness swap pending PJs results, I'll buy that cam sensor off you

Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:43 AM
Yeah buddy!

Do you have a cherry picker? If not I can try and borrow one from my dad so you can use.

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:40 AM
Hey Raf, whats up?
Yeah yesterday I bought a shop crane, engine stand, leveler, and whatever I need for the build. I figured I can just tear it down and box it up when im done and store it for future builds.
Today, ill work on clearing space in the garage for the two motors, equipment, etc, then tomorrow ill start on finishing up getting the short block out, transmission, and whatever else is needed to yank the motor. something I have yet to do on a FWD. I need to find an ectotec motor tear down how to just so i dont forget anything... but when she's done she should be a fun little dd and for the first time ive owned her, see what she can really do at the track.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, July 18, 2013 1:49 PM
Baller. I can't wait to see this thing up and running again! It looks intimidating but pulling the whole motor out truly isn't that tough if you take your time. Are you also planning on a new timing set?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 22, 2013 11:25 PM
Not sure if Ill do the timing set...the one on the LSJ was only at 50k miles.
I also just bought another LSJ head complete with ZZP valve springs in it already installed. I didn't wan to mess with the possibility of a bolt stripped in the one I bought so I got a perfectly good one with only 30k miles on it!
I may repair the other one (if its even bad) and send it off at some point for a port job...that would match well with my ported blower, big throttle body, valve springs, and possibly cams in the future. Course I have all that except the cams (I sold my stage 2 L61 cams already).

Just a teaser pic of it in the garage....(sorry G37S...you get to sleep outside until she finds a cozy spot in the garage )

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:11 AM
So you already paid for that head off css? If not sending my payment in mornin for it bc want it for my hybrid. And if you bought it already how much you want for head on engine you just bought bc I already have the zzp springs just installed in my l61 head

FuzzMASTA9
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:20 AM
Lol...I was looking at that head as well.

Just replace the tensioner and leave the timing set for the time being.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:33 AM
Blu, ur gonna make me want another Cavy. I already told the GF I'm gonna buy a 2000 ish 5 speed. Let me know when there's any shows in San Antonio, I'd love to check out ur work.

Keep it up man.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:47 PM
yeah, cobaltss is going to be a new haven for me, ill be trolling the classifieds quite a bit now since my car will be more cobalt than cavalier haha... (including, grand am, corvette, Camaro, Cadillac, sunfire, Subaru, just to name a few )

if this head works out, ill probably sell the other head, or fix the one bolt hole and send it in for a port job maybe. Or I may just port the one that's on its way.

and yeah pete, I had msg'd him before and I already bought it. its been sent to me as of this morning. shipping was a lot more than originally quoted though O.o im paying more for the shipping on the head/valve cover than I am for the head and valve cover

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:29 PM
Sparky, you're always welcome whenever...I don't do shows really but our local auto club does hit up events. If you find yourself in SA let me know and you can come chill with the group, good set of guys (and gals) and always welcoming new faces!

I picked up the head gasket today, still waiting on the transmission adapter/spacer.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:37 PM
Yea he finally messaged me back this mornin, but like I said if you decide you wanna sell your other lsj head and valve cover let me know bc looking to pick one up

FuzzMASTA9

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:28 AM
will do. they seem to be a highly sought after item!I would have actually bought the LSJ block off him too (yes, have a complete spare!) but he wasnt looking to ship. From Canada, it'd be quite a bit.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:37 PM
how much of a power drop is going down in displacement and compression going to be? or is there at all?

get her strapped down and submitted, then get her addicted to meth. you'll love it.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:06 PM
The power levels should go up slightly.

They have a better cam profile, rod ratio.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:06 PM
quick question...do you guys know if the LSJ Pace Setter header gasket is the same as the factory LSJ exhaust manifold gasket?
Mine was toast when I removed the header a few weeks ago. I want to replace it and I cant imagine why it would be different, but just making sure. That's another part I forgot about.

Oh and I didn't see any LSJ (2.0L) head stud kits on eBay, ill shop around. I know ZZP has em but they're like $140. Ive seen them around for half that unused from people just selling them, so Ill be patient with those.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:41 PM
Just pick up a OEM exhaust gasket.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:30 PM
Nice update.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:53 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:how much of a power drop is going down in displacement and compression going to be? or is there at all?

get her strapped down and submitted, then get her addicted to meth. you'll love it.

Philly D wrote:The power levels should go up slightly.

They have a better cam profile, rod ratio.

This. Much more favorable rod ratio, especially for the blower...much quicker on the revs. We haven't gotten boosted drivability totally squared away in mine because of my $hitty pcm, but I can say for out of boost driving, it feels no different (worse) than the L61, except for revving quicker.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:14 PM
Philly..sweet! cause he included one or two already that seem to be in good shape! (I noticed two. Thought there was only one which means he must have had a spare). He also has two LSJ intake gaskets on there..Ive got a brand spankin' new one on mine already, so ill have some spares of those as well..

Plus a friend at work (an Airmen I work with) had sold his 06 SS/SC a few months back, talked to him after work today and he has some spare parts for me (ignition coils, and a bunch of other stuff, he said whatever's in the box I can just take the whole thing).

The guy I bought this 2nd head from says he thinks they are the Supertech 78# ones from ZZP that are already installed..so I guess I don't need mine now that are just sitting in the box.. Im not really going to take parts requests at this time like a bunch of organ donor patients ripping parts out of a slowly dying, terminally ill person whos still alive...but Ill make a list soon in the Classifieds when Im ready (Matt has a few parts called for if he wants them, as he's helped me quite a bit along the way too )

Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:35 PM
Got a few things in the mail today!

(LSJ head with only 30k miles, painted valve cover, ZZP 78# valve springs installed!)

Brand new Trigger wheel. Still need to get the sensor and extended wiring harness to plug into my current harness. Then fab up a bracket just like PJs....

Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:40 PM
Good $%#! dude! I'm pumped to see this all together! Glad to see you're making steady progress. Those trigger wheels can be hard to find so that's definitely and obstacle out of the way.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, August 01, 2013 9:03 PM
I offered mine up as I have no use for it and it was given to me for helping out on another forum members car. I hope he puts that wheel to good use.

Thursday, August 01, 2013 9:15 PM
^ oh he will....

Thursday, August 01, 2013 10:17 PM
Just FYI, but you can't use a bracket like PJs with a stock crank pulley. Has to come from the bottom/back corner of the timing cover because of how the trigger wheel will be oriented on the pulley.

Friday, August 02, 2013 12:15 AM
There you go..ruining all my fun Matt! Thanks a lot!

I can just make an L-bracket if I need to out of thick aluminum. I just need to get it all together so I can start mocking it up. Im hoping to get a lot done this weekend.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search