blu's 04 Supercharged Cavalier build - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: blu's 04 Supercharged Cavalier build
Friday, August 02, 2013 12:39 AM
They are for sure ZZP 78# springs in that head, same green markings that mine have which I just installed couple weeks ago plus if you pull one out and compare to stock there a 1/4" longer than stock springs and stock ones have yellow markings. Kinda wish I messages that guy before you bc I paid $230 just for my valve springs lol

FuzzMASTA9

Friday, August 02, 2013 1:08 AM
I have another set of those same springs I bought from Evil, paid more than that too lol.
Im stoked I don't have to install them, those with the stock LSJ cams should allow for a nice tune with a slightly higher rev.
I would have bought the short block too and had 2, but he lives in Canada and wouldn't ship the block. I paid more in shipping for the head than I did for the head. I got a good deal

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:05 AM
another piece to the puzzle...getting there!

just have the head studs, crank bolt, few random things and a bunch of modifications to make to get things to fit/work. but she's getting there.

Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:58 AM
Looking good, cant wait to see this beast running. And I just got lucky and got a nice shape lsj head thats bare and valve cover from Mongorat on css. Also gonna go with stock lsj cams to begin and my 78# springs but havent decided what bottom end gonna run for sure, really thinking le5 though...

FuzzMASTA9
Thursday, August 08, 2013 5:31 PM
Now this spacer is required to run an f23 tranny on an LSJ? or is it to run an LSJ clutch in an f23?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, August 09, 2013 12:57 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:Now this spacer is required to run an f23 tranny on an LSJ? or is it to run an LSJ clutch in an f23?

Needed for a stock lsj clutch/flywheel in a f23...seems the flywheel is just a hair thicker. General consensus is most aftermarket setups are good with no spacer. I believe Priggen is running aftermarket with no spacer, as well as now PJ

Friday, August 09, 2013 2:44 AM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:Now this spacer is required to run an f23 tranny on an LSJ? or is it to run an LSJ clutch in an f23?

Needed for a stock lsj clutch/flywheel in a f23...seems the flywheel is just a hair thicker. General consensus is most aftermarket setups are good with no spacer. I believe Priggen is running aftermarket with no spacer, as well as now PJ

Priggen has the spacer. He is running an aftermarket LSJ clutch/flywheel with his F23.

Friday, August 09, 2013 4:33 AM
Hmmm...I have no idea then who else said they weren't lol. Oh well.

Friday, August 09, 2013 7:35 AM
would the spacer still be needed with an aftermarket lightweight fw?
Pete yeah Im hoping this weekend I actually get some stuff done. The cupcake meet is in corpus and a lot of my car club is going, but i prob wont so i can get some things done (not to mention tons of homework..Cisco's a bitch! lol). Im actually getting burned out and just want this done. I want my car back on the road.

I really need to check my Haynes for the removal process of an L61. Just nervous as i havent tackled it yet but Im sure if i take my time it's not a big deal.
I also thought about the tranny mounts..i never replaced those and this is an opportune time to do so. But i didnt see them on TTR's site anymore. They still available?

Friday, August 09, 2013 8:27 AM
Can get tranny mounts on ebay still for decent price from prothane I believe, if you do though make sure to get the right ones, will need 2 different part numbers bc the bushings themself are same but they come with different size center sleeves since the front mount runs longer ones. And as pulling engine there not hard to do, eco swapped my car from a 2.4 by myself in 6 hours (actually around 7 to 7 1/2 bc I got bored and starred at it for awhile hoping would finish itself), but let you know I done many cavy motor and trannys over the years so that helped out. When you do it can do motor/tranny at once and I normally hook chain to front pasenger front corner and back drivers side corner and get a decent angle on it and they will go in and out for you.

FuzzMASTA9
Friday, August 09, 2013 11:45 AM
Get the TTR trans mounts. The Prothane ones have holes punched through and get mushy after some use. Can't beat TTRs price and they hold up to abuse, not to mention Aaron's outstanding customer service.

Saturday, August 10, 2013 2:41 PM
Text me man. I havent been on the org for a while. With the Cavalier on hold for now....ive been hitting up css.net and hptuners forum more oftern these days. I got a house so ive been busy too. Looks like the build is coming along. You better not give up like every other Cavalier owner....LOL

GMR has got nothing on this
Monday, August 12, 2013 9:33 AM
lol dont worry Raf, I wont give up on this one. Im not like some certain people from a certain group who talk down to jbody owners once they've 'upgraded'.
Congrats on the house by the way! My house purchase is being put on hold since gov't contract might be up soon..setting me back unless i slide into another position by the end of Sept. Btw i dont have your cell info, my phone got wiped a few weeks ago after an Apple update or something and ALL contacts and messages (sms/voice) were erased back to march 2012. Gotta love ATT/iPhone.

Im just delaying because Im lazy and not super sure of the removal process..but Im stoked to get this LSJ finished and HPTuned once and for all. She's going to be a contender, cant wait!
Is your Z24 on hold because of the balt? You do anything else to that TC since i last saw it or am I going to give you a run for your money once my car is dialed in on this set up?

Friday, August 16, 2013 9:41 PM
another piece of the puzzle arrived today. And the ARP head studs come in Monday!

Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:10 PM
I asked on Ecotec forum and Im going through my Haynes, but Im not seeing it.
How do I remove those shifter cables from my F23 (5spd obviously)?
They look like they'll just pry off if Im gentle, but I don't want to break them. Im guessing I only need to remove the cable bracket further down and then those two plastic ends that look like they swivel on a little ball just pop off. This is the last of my tasks before im ready to undo the tranny mounts and pull everything.

thanks guys!

Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:28 PM
Just pop them off.
Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:53 PM
yup. I just ended up popping them off, came off like butter, no issues!
and theres just the one bolt holding the bracket on.

Ive gotten everything off. All I have left to do is drain the oil, and remove the tranny mount bolts.
so pretty much down to the wire, ready to pull it!

Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:22 PM
Well, I decided to just do it today. Removed the axles and all that jazz, then hooked it all up and started lifting it. Right as Im doing that my buddy Chris shows up, and let me tell you the extra hand during the removal is a god send! Also, I will never do a motor swap without a leveler...it single handedly was my saving grace allowing me to tilt the engine quite a bit and help clear the transmission from the battery bracket and other lines. Now the LSJ assembly job and some custom fab work is in progress to prep for the swap. Joy.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:29 PM
Awesome!! Glad you got it out of there man. Not so hard after all right?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:57 PM
sweet. cant wait to see what you can do with an LD9 in there.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:58 PM
Thanks! And nope. just time consuming if you have to research everything as you go being the first attempt. If I had dedicated myself an entire weekend, I could do a swap, or at least a removal with confidence.
I just hope I remember where everything goes, I failed to organize and label everything because....well that's how I do things..the hard way lol.

I can say Ive learned a lot about my car and how things work now. You really cant appreciate the upgrades and modifications until you go through the tedious task of removing and installing things.
The Control Arms will be a nice new mod to swap as well, Ive been waiting to put them in and it'll be cake now with everything out.

On a side note, I didn't notice any bolts holding the battery tray down. Is this spot welded or something from the factory? Do I just cut it out if I want to relocate the battery and open that spot up?

Sunday, August 18, 2013 7:58 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:sweet. cant wait to see what you can do with an LD9 in there.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:05 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:sweet. cant wait to see what you can do with an LD9 in there.

lol...LDwhaaaaaaaaat?

Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:16 PM
blu04DD wrote:On a side note, I didn't notice any bolts holding the battery tray down. Is this spot welded or something from the factory? Do I just cut it out if I want to relocate the battery and open that spot up?

Its spot welded.

You have to drill the spot welds out and I suppose paint where the tray was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:17 PM
Sunday, August 18, 2013 8:18 PM
Also a thing to point out..

See that oil cap. Its the old style that caused oil starvation issues at higher rpm's.

Make sure the new one is domed nice and smooth
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search