LSJ bottom plus L61 head - Hybrid swap - Page 8 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LSJ bottom plus L61 head - LS61J madnes!
Friday, May 23, 2008 6:19 AM
Phil aka QBE wrote:
z yaaaa (the riddler) wrote:ok so what all of your bolt-ons are going on this engine??

i hope everything works out for this engine like it should, but honestly i dont see it being very fast.

wow what a dick....

and anything you drive is faster?

Sorry but PJ is an innovator right now... Ahead of the league doing his own thing... and he was running 14 flats last year on a very tired motor... this is a new motor with new goodies...

Plus like Pj said this is just setting the stage for that awesome thing called BOOST

I Agree !!! Pj is the man....the potential of the 2.0 bottom end is far better than the 2.2, even in stock form.

Friday, May 23, 2008 3:38 PM
he'd probably run high 14's all day WITHOUT the standalone hes putting in
i see it being near what he was running last year at minimum

The one, the only, ME.
2340 lbs without me and dropping
141 hp @ 6300 (ran out of rpms)
123 ft lbs @ 5200
running lean on stock ECU
megasquirt here i come
Friday, May 23, 2008 4:05 PM
Phil aka QBE wrote:
z yaaaa (the riddler) wrote:ok so what all of your bolt-ons are going on this engine??

i hope everything works out for this engine like it should, but honestly i dont see it being very fast.

wow what a dick....

Sorry but PJ is an innovator right now... Ahead of the league doing his own thing... and he was running 14 flats last year on a very tired motor... this is a new motor with new goodies...

Plus like Pj said this is just setting the stage for that awesome thing called BOOST

dude i wasnt trying to be a dick at all! so what... i agree he is an innovator and think the work he is doing is amazing.

im not entitled to my opinion? its pretty much a STOCK engine with hardly any displacement, how can you or ANYBODY for that matter think its going to be that fast? stock eco 2.2's run what, mid to high 15's? with bolt-ons and tuning a lot have seen high 14's and of course, pj's ran a 14 flat wih a lot done, but this new engine barely will have anything done. i dont mean to bench race here, but you are doing the same in assuming it's going to be fast.

please dont assume that im thinking this this is going to be a slow POS, because i certainly do not. that stand alone along with pj's driving and the suspension setup alone might get him into the 14's... im just saying exactly what i said before, it SHOUILDNT be THAT fast, and when i said 'fast' im comparing it to the skwirl of old.

Riddle me this... riddle me that...
Friday, May 23, 2008 4:23 PM
Phil aka QBE wrote:

wow what a dick....

i know you know your ecotec. my guess he is looking at N/A a high 14 compared to the other motor, with the same work done to this motor as the other i could POSSIBLY see a HIGH 13. once boost hits though. buh bye 4 seconds in the 1/4

Friday, May 23, 2008 10:00 PM
z yaaaa (the riddler) wrote:
Phil aka QBE wrote:

wow what a dick....

dude i wasnt trying to be a dick at all! so what... i agree he is an innovator and think the work he is doing is amazing.

im not entitled to my opinion? its pretty much a STOCK engine with hardly any displacement, how can you or ANYBODY for that matter think its going to be that fast? stock eco 2.2's run what, mid to high 15's? with bolt-ons and tuning a lot have seen high 14's and of course, pj's ran a 14 flat wih a lot done, but this new engine barely will have anything done. i dont mean to bench race here, but you are doing the same in assuming it's going to be fast.

please dont assume that im thinking this this is going to be a slow POS, because i certainly do not. that stand alone along with pj's driving and the suspension setup alone might get him into the 14's... im just saying exactly what i said before, it SHOUILDNT be THAT fast, and when i said 'fast' im comparing it to the skwirl of old.

1. this motor is much more rev friendly

2. this motor is fresh and ready to go

3. the ONLY thing not helping PJ with this motor is factory cams

4. using the stand alone he will have endless tuning capabilities...

I honestly think He'll nail 14's easy...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, May 23, 2008 10:13 PM
Screw all this n/a crap, I cant wait for boost Theres gona be some insane numbers after the boost build.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 4:57 AM
icemike89(not turbo) wrote:Screw all this n/a crap, I cant wait for boost Theres gona be some insane numbers after the boost build.

lol so so true

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, May 24, 2008 6:39 AM
icemike89(not turbo) wrote:Screw all this n/a crap, I cant wait for boost Theres gona be some insane numbers after the boost build.

Not me! So many people make great power numbers with a boosted motors, I'm more impressed with someone who does it the hard way! I think it says more about the creativity, ingenuity and skills to make insane N/A numbers! Even if the numbers aren't as high as the boosted numbers.

Good work Peej, I want to hear the little beast scream! Especially afeter the head and cam work are complete.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:23 AM
Phil aka QBE wrote:1. this motor is much more rev friendly

5. I honestly think He'll nail 14's easy...

1. yeah... but its got a stock head and cams, revving higher then stock aint going to yield a lot.

2. yeah, and brand new stock 2.2 eco's WITH bolt-on's run slower and they are fresh and ready to go.

3. and the head is helping him?

4. absolutely, 100% agree

5. absolutely, 100% agree

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:24 AM

Saturday, May 24, 2008 10:15 AM
^^ you're overlooking the point that the stock head/stock cams situation is temporary. Its not like he's putting the motor in as is and calling it a finished project. This is only the bulk work of getting the LSJ block to fit in the j-body chassis and cooperate with all the other systems (sans engine management), and setting the groundwork for things to come. Of course its not going to be that fast the way it is right at this second. Everyone knows that, PJ included. This is only step one in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG flight of stairs.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, May 24, 2008 10:43 AM
ok, gotcha.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 3:31 PM
Stop argueing and go get $hit done.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Sunday, May 25, 2008 4:48 PM
z yaaaa (the riddler) wrote:
Phil aka QBE wrote:1. this motor is much more rev friendly

5. I honestly think He'll nail 14's easy...

1. yeah... but its got a stock head and cams, revving higher then stock aint going to yield a lot.

2. yeah, and brand new stock 2.2 eco's WITH bolt-on's run slower and they are fresh and ready to go.

3. and the head is helping him?

4. absolutely, 100% agree

5. absolutely, 100% agree

1) again, this is merely the first step. I don't want to spend another $2000 in aftermarket parts to find out that something is fundamentally flawed and simply will not work whether it be the LSJ plus the L61 head, or the LSJ plus the F23 trans.

2) with the amount of tuning and modification knowledge I have, a stock base model eco powered Jbody should be able to hit a 14.7x easily. the 2.0, i'm not sure because to be honest.. nobody's ever seen a naturally aspirated LSJ before

3) stock head, stock cams yes. but the adjustable gears will allow me to alter the camshaft relationship to the pistons. So in order to take advantage of the rod ratio, I plan on moving the power band with the gears to reach optimum efficiency where it needs to be. Dyno tuning is definetly on the schedule when I finally get this thing running.

But bear in mind, ben wenzel hit a 13.8 with a 2.2 on wiseco 8.9:1 pistons. The 2.0 is 9.5:1. So it could be safe to assume that the .5 of compression is balanced out by the .2 liter loss in displacement. But, its a known fact that engines with higher rod ratios tend to make more peak power (more power in general) than one with a lower rod ratio (tend to make a higher peak torque earlier, but peak power is lower) This is why I opted for the 2.0 block over a built 2.2.. I want HIGH rpm power, something every 4 cylinder benefits from. I think a 2.0 with 9.5:1 compression and optimized cams and higher revs could be on equal ground with a 2.2 10:1 compression with lower revs.. but only time will tell.

4) without doubt. stand alone FTMFW

5) we'll see

later on I'll have some pictures and a nice surprise for you guys. I've been working extremely hard on the car the past two days.. its getting very close to being completed. I'd upload pictures now, but I can't from work.

its only a matter of time now

Sunday, May 25, 2008 5:39 PM
please dont get me wrong guys, i would freaking love to see this thing run mid 14's.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:42 PM
how it started yesterday

after a satin black paint job under the hood

close up and mock up with the fender bumper and new headlights

I followed the lines of the fender.. not just 'spray it black'

the brake master cylinder bolted up tightened and finished

from the side

some parts...

the ls61 awaiting its final destination

rolling the chassis into the plant for engine install

another shot under the hood

..a little darker

car and engine posing together

3/4 shot

engine hoisted in position

connecting the trans mounts

as it will sit

held in by the trans and a jack

a couple final shots of the car for today

Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:01 PM
i am so happy a piece of QBE is on that beast

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, May 26, 2008 5:00 AM
Looking good!! Getting closer and closer!!!!!!!!
Monday, May 26, 2008 7:30 AM
thats just going to be sickkkkkk

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, May 26, 2008 10:16 AM
wow.

Monday, May 26, 2008 10:57 AM
just a thought, but why is your car in what looks like a warehouse? is that your shop and are all your tools there?

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:13 PM
I got tired of my clutch fluid reservoir being zip tied.. so custom bracket time

a bit further away..

measuring and mocking up the fuel lines

intake manifold installed to protect the intake runners

rolled the skwirl outside. decided to call it early today

Its merely a shadow of its future self

..you ain't seen nothing yet.

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:18 PM
sexxxy

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:19 PM
ME LIKEY!!!

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:44 PM
What? No Independent Throttle Bodies this time? Thats a shame.. I was looking forward to hearing an Ecotec on ITB's.. BUT its still awesome! Keep up the great work!

Monday, May 26, 2008 2:09 PM
I hope that thing is more than anyone expects it to be !!! SICK SICK SICK !!!

PJ, you are insane...I may have to come to Atco just to see that thing run.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search