Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas.... - Page 9 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Many J Owners Trash Talk Hondas....
Friday, June 26, 2009 8:23 PM
people also watch American Idol, does that mean its any good?

Just because a certain majority of Americans do something doesn't mean that its good or the smartest thing to do.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, June 26, 2009 9:44 PM
Good is subjective...

Which means even though 95% of what you say is completely idiotic or at the very least mildly ignorant and or partial truth it does not mean your a complete dolt...

So why is this thread still going?

Good Content Fail...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Friday, June 26, 2009 10:21 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:people also watch American Idol, does that mean its any good?

Just because a certain majority of Americans do something doesn't mean that its good or the smartest thing to do.

to those people that watch it, it is

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:19 PM
Well here goes my prospective.

Honda have been in professionally racing for a long time.

Go down the boulevard. What do you see? A $%#! load of cavs, sunfires, and civs. (along with others of course, what im trying to point out is that they are all cheaper models of each company, which are all VERY common.)

I have 3 friends that have civics. We all started stock. Know what i noticed? The header i bought for my car was 150 dollars, theirs were 35. The coilovers for my car are 200 dollars, theirs are 40. They are comparable cars, but it is MUCH easier to get more performance out of less cash for a honda, as compared to my pontiac, or your cav.

I think what it is, is, some of us can be a little jealous. I know i was upset when i bought my header for a quarter of what my friends bought theirs. My 96 fire gt may come with 40 more stock horses than their 94 civ, but, for me to go up, it takes a lot more dough.

Any feel me?
Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:20 PM
Anyone* I am a little new around here, how do i edit posts? lawl
Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:23 PM
Go premium to edit

Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:11 PM
GTmatters wrote:
I have 3 friends that have civics. We all started stock. Know what i noticed? The header i bought for my car was 150 dollars, theirs were 35. The coilovers for my car are 200 dollars, theirs are 40. They are comparable cars, but it is MUCH easier to get more performance out of less cash for a honda, as compared to my pontiac, or your cav.

you can find those prices on the same parts for our cars on ebay. thing is though, they're not quality parts. not even close.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:27 PM
This is true... but i just looked for a cheap set of coilovers for my car on ebay and i couldnt find any cheap ones. I saw ones on there for like 35 bucks a few months ago but they aren't their anymore... so even on ebay honda is cheaper to find parts.
Saturday, June 27, 2009 6:52 PM
more people mod hondas. thats why a set of coilovers are cheaper

Saturday, June 27, 2009 8:48 PM
99redz24 wrote:more people mod hondas. thats why a set of coilovers are cheaper

Yes.... which is exactly what i said a few above.

^.^

Atleast someone else vouched and didnt even mean to. =P lawl
Saturday, June 27, 2009 9:00 PM
GTmatters wrote:Well here goes my prospective.

Go down the boulevard. What do you see? A $%#! load of cavs, sunfires, and civs. (along with others of course, what im trying to point out is that they are all cheaper models of each company, which are all VERY common.)

I think what it is, is, some of us can be a little jealous. I know i was upset when i bought my header for a quarter of what my friends bought theirs. My 96 fire gt may come with 40 more stock horses than their 94 civ, but, for me to go up, it takes a lot more dough.

Any feel me?

Anyone using $35 headers, $40 or even $200 coilovers should not be modding cars in the first place.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, June 27, 2009 9:02 PM
GTmatters wrote:
99redz24 wrote:more people mod hondas. thats why a set of coilovers are cheaper

Yes.... which is exactly what i said a few above.

^.^

Atleast someone else vouched and didnt even mean to. =P lawl

thank you for pointing that out

Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:42 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:
GTmatters wrote:Well here goes my prospective.

Any feel me?

Anyone using $35 headers, $40 or even $200 coilovers should not be modding cars in the first place.

Haha which is what i was getting at.... how many times have we seen a piece of @!#$ 86 civ hatch going down the road wound out taching? I have seen many nice ones, but they can be bought cheap so they don't usually take too much pride in them.

You don't usually see too many @!#$ty sunfires or cavs, if people are going to put the money into them, they usually put the heart too.

I'm not bashing Honda or civs, just stating my peace. =P
Sunday, June 28, 2009 9:29 PM
Actually most of the cavs and sunfires i see modded look and sound worse than the honda crowd. I was recently at a Cobalt meet where they all were bouncing off the rev limiters in park. I have a hard time finding domestic owners with any taste or lack being a tool. Seriously most of them are base models with fart cannons and the owners (not a single one in the bunch could prob run a 14 sec pass) then try to talk about how much different there cars are from stock while they might be making 140 to the wheels.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, June 29, 2009 1:14 PM
This is true. But the sound is all a matter of opinion. I like how some foreign cars sound, but some sound like they are falling apart or just plain sound like @!#$.

But i can see where you are coming from.
Wednesday, July 01, 2009 6:50 PM
I love how my "Foreign" car sounds....

Sounds like Torque.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:24 PM
^^^^ You have a foreign car? LOL

and OMG this thread started up again?

IDK when Im at a meet im usually the last one to get on my car now adays and if you can talk me into doing a burnout thats a really rare occasion... I think the last time I broke traction on purpose was about 2 years ago.

I have too much damn work into my car to break it again.

From my experience a Civic and a Cavy sound about the same.... its more the exhaust thats on the car than anything.

Although the high ass pitch ones are more common on Civ's around here.

Thursday, July 02, 2009 4:48 AM
GTO=Holden Monaro.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:18 PM
Dude... that doesnt make your car foreign LOL

Friday, July 03, 2009 5:19 AM
Many J's are "foreign," some of them have been made in Canada or Mexico!

Of course the Canucks would call them domestic!

Friday, July 03, 2009 7:04 AM
MadJack wrote:Many J's are "foreign," some of them have been made in Canada or Mexico!

Of course the Canucks would call them domestic!

Not to mention many of the parts being made in other countries. Still, the body will always be domestic. =P

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:33 AM
hondas are slow dude

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:49 PM
I wouldnt say that.... some are... some are not..
Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:16 PM
i've seen alot of fast hondas,like gt said it does'nt cost the same amount to mod them as it does a j,they have a dramatically larger aftermarket,i'm not saying i like hondas or even fond of them,i will always own domestic,but i try to go with the mindset that if someone has put hardwork,time and care into there car the same way i and everybody else on this site has then y bash it?i may always own domestic but i respect others and their accomplishments.

.........but seriously though....buy domestic!!!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:00 PM
I out ran an Integra Type R in the Tibby I used to own once..... until he activated what had to be about a 100 shot that he had on the car the second run (after he realized I was going to win again) LOL... I still dont know how or why it happened that way..

Some are slow.... and some arnt... it depends on a lot of things....

but I know one thing for sure.... you dont see GM competing in F1 racing....

And CBR's are fast as hell

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search