(fun)ctionality - Page 8 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:59 AM
Not trying to do such, his traps are killer.

His car is built, mine is essentially bought. Being honest anybody could replicate my setup, the HHR guys are just too worried about what chrome piece, or other tacky mod to install next. Coming from the Cobalt SS has given me a jump on their antics.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:17 AM
approve of the new ride height....how do you like the coilovers or suspension setup you have

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:23 AM
They're the Pedder's xA coilover setup, the prototypes off the actual Pedder's HHR so they have logged some miles. I love them from a handling standpoint, but I also drive it 80 miles a day for work so adjusting to the firm on the highway's here can be a little fun versus a nice progressive spring setup.

However I'm working towards the HHR becoming a second car with the purchase of a beater, so it'll remain. Pulling .97 in an HHR on the skidpad is no joke! I have to remember to fully disable the ESC as I've tripped it out a few times now and it didn't know what to do. Even in comp mode it's partially enabled, and these pushed those boundaries.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:01 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:the HHR guys are just too worried about what chrome piece, or other tacky mod to install next. Coming from the Cobalt SS has given me a jump on their antics.

such as batman hhr....

Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:04 PM
uh oh joe loves his vehicle so much again to buy a beater to drive instead LOL

hey i know the feeling...

Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:06 PM
chevyhhr.net HHR of the month is a spinoff HHR of the Ghostbusters car, I @!#$ you not. Probably the reason the site is crashed right now.

I browsed their victory red thread the other day and died laughing, I've seen ONE other SS on there I love, and it's tasteful and quite similar to mine. Difference is it's a black panel, has the MSR 045's, and a big ZZP FMIC.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:11 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:uh oh joe loves his vehicle so much again to buy a beater to drive instead LOL

hey i know the feeling...

It's in great condition for an '08, door seams have some minor bubbling, and it's winter time. Dropped as I am now, and my commute, it's almost a wash to buy another car versus abuse this one I owe on. So I buckled down and done such, but yes I do have enough fun with this one that I'd like to preserve it for a little, and being a rack so many miles throughout the other 3 seasons I can maintain some resale value, note some.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:42 PM
chevyhhr.net sounds a lot like g6performance.com....although I did win Oct. G of the month.

what'd you end up picking up for a beater?

Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:44 PM
A Cavalier, can you believe that shit?

Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:17 PM
Hell Im about to sell my G6 for another J....sad sad @!#$....

Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:40 PM
Can't beat them for reliability, I picked up an '02 sedan, 172k and it's a 2200/auto car, trans been replaced (yellow marker on it lol), sure 2200 has too, older friend of mine stayed down in Texas for a week longer than his family, needed a way back, his brother ran a car lot, sold him this gem to drive home and now he's selling it to me. So in short, it's a Texas car, made the trip back here, hell I'll buy it. Was a one-owner too.

Making a trip to U-Wrench-It for a few odds-n-ends, going to change the oil, peep craigslist for snow tires, and rock it. I might throw some flaps and big yellow fogs on it in the name of IwishIcouldhaveaSubaru and winter function, possibly undercoat it prior to seeing it's first snow in the past 9 years.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:11 PM
LOL i can see it now... scoote hood, IF kit, LD9 swap, koni yellows and powdercoated sportlines.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:33 PM
one of my buddies are into neons, he did this to his beater.

Ive always wanted to do this to a Sunfire or a cav, but dont have the energy to do so...

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Monday, October 24, 2011 7:16 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:i bet jay would be upset if you out ran him in the quarter.

It never upsets me when factory turbo cars beat me.

On a another note... I am in love with that Neon! I support the sedan going into recon mode.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, October 24, 2011 7:32 AM
i APPROVE of zombie apocalipse neon.

Modding my j since I found the org
Monday, October 24, 2011 8:58 AM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:i bet jay would be upset if you out ran him in the quarter.

It never upsets me when factory turbo cars beat me.

On a another note... I am in love with that Neon! I support the sedan going into recon mode.

this

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:25 PM
Do a full detail, check-

Put into storage mode, pull wheels to refinish them, check-

Have Forge BPV show up and randomly install such, check!-

More to come as the snow flies.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:20 AM
approve these updates

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:17 AM
If you plan to leave your car like that and not drive it get a sheet a plastic and put it on the ground under the entire car. A lot of moisture surfaces from the concrete and the cover traps it with the car. How much does it actually hurt, I have no idea and I don't do it with my car cause I periodically drive it but I've heard that many times so just passing it along.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:16 AM
plastic works ok if you tape it down....

but floor dry works the best. just sprinkle it down all over the floor under the car.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:21 AM
^ that's a great idea. My garage stays pretty decent, there is a single vent that heats it and helps cure some of those moisture issues. Granted it doesn't get warm, just balances it.

Repurchased a pair of GM Stage sensors, as Crate Engine Depot now makes plug and play harnesses so I don't have to bastardize my factory wiring as GM forced prior! So that should cure my "overboost" code and support some further tuning that I plan.

I also secured a place to powdercoat my wheels, just need to get the tires dismounted and rims sandblasted.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:50 PM
Should try the floor dry idea.. No wonder my car rotted...

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:24 PM
oh yeah i fricken hated seeing the underside of my cars all soaking wet from condensation aka the floor "sweating" after a long winter and thaw in the spring time. one day i noticed while i was crawling underneath the front of one of them in a spot where i had a bunch of floor dry under neath...the undercariage was bone dry there. back in the rear of the same car, it was totally wet. (i know, i know... thats what she said )

ever since i dump a couple bags under each car and in the spring time they are completely dry. then after all that nonsense is over with you just sweep it up and ur good to go for a summer's worth of action.

Friday, November 18, 2011 4:49 PM
Well my refusal to cut factory wiring is resolved thanks to crateenginedepot.com releasing pigtails to run the GM Stage Upgrade sensors (3 bar), so that's back in the mix now and will be installed and tuned for upon arrival of my cable via Trifecta-

...also the rims came back from sandblasting today, and have a date with the powdercoater on Monday-

Best part is it hasn't even snowed yet, wtf am I going to do all winter?

Friday, November 18, 2011 5:12 PM
lol nice.

i too am 100% against splicing or cutting stock wiring.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search