(fun)ctionality - Page 5 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:23 AM
Just looked @ an '06 in service, all 4 and quite a bit worse than mine.

Now I'm thinking about having the bodyshop near me do all 4 doors and Por15 them too, skip warranty and having it come back.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:35 AM
The bad part is it is coming from the inside of the door.....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:01 AM
Well where the skin folds around the shell, see it all the time in the bodyshop here it's just the design I hate on the HHR and I don't want to split the skin and repair it, hell it's only 3 years old. Hence why I'm researching POR15 to cleanse the inside, and possibly remove the panels and get enough access to brush the seam.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:58 AM
The Cobalts have the same issue. My moms doors have been "fixed" three times. You would think GM would have learned by now how to keep a door from rotting out at the overlap.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:30 PM
Stopped by ZZP today while in the area for work, grabbed the upper pipe. Really happy with it. Didn't take long at all to install either.

Side by side-

Installed-

MPx oil catch can will be here Friday :twothumbs.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:43 PM
Looking good Joe, where at in MI are you now? I drive through almost the entire state at least once if not twice a month.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:51 PM
Same area, South Haven. Hit me up if you're ever around!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:34 PM
Will do, I normally stay around the Flint/Davison area but could make a detour.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:04 AM
dig the new pipe....whats next for it ?

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:33 AM
Not much this season, MPx catch can due in tomorrow and I'm calling it good until Spring. I know a clutch is in order so I'll store some funds away for that, and come Spring will probably dink with the suspension and consider going e85.

Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:38 PM
Installed the MPx catch can tonight, great piece, wouldn't say it's "made" for the LNF, it's a generic bracket IMO but gave me a variety of mounting angles, and works well. Quality piece, so I didn't mind spending the money though I did to use fuel line versus the silicone hoses to maintain a more OEM look. It does have a level indicator, but I faced it towards the rear-

Overview now-

Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:52 PM
looks good Joe. May have to look into that for my 02 once I get it back on the road.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:55 PM
Thanks, it's a nice piece. Shame I hid the level indicator, just looks cleaner though with on the backside.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 5:50 PM
Nice toys you got going there. I dig red HHR SSs.
With the rotting of the door... i'm loosing more faith in new GM products.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, September 19, 2011 9:30 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Nice toys you got going there. I dig red HHR SSs.
With the rotting of the door... i'm loosing more faith in new GM products.

Quality just seems so far below anything else right now, I was a chevy fan boy, but then luckily got away from that.

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:28 PM
It's a GM door seam, it is no surprise to me. I'd rather enjoy everything else versus be upset about something I can't control that'll be fixed for the better and have longer longevity than any factory seam anyhow.

It's actually motivated me to look into a winter j-body versus putting snow tires on this.

Monday, September 19, 2011 4:45 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:

It's actually motivated me to look into a winter j-body versus putting snow tires on this.

Hell yeah, Keep that thing outta the Michigan salt!

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:34 PM
Well, I knew when I bought it I wanted some SS/TC wheels and to lose the chrome, I was set on finding a mint OEM set but when that fell through, and a buddy bought an SS/TC a decision was made. Unfortunately the prior owner to his performed a @!#$ty rattle-can job on them, and after the tire place did further work I was determined to prep them and decide on a finish over the weekend. However, my wheels look damn hot on his TC, and these will look great once sprayed as they were straight otherwise.

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:36 PM
Dammit Joe. Every time you post updates on your car I want one even more.

BTW, have your groceries gone everywhere yet???

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:58 PM
Show me the TC with your wheels...

I can't support the wheel swap.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:05 AM
I wanna see what these look like finished up, cause the chrome looked titties on your HHR

In for finished pics!

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq

Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:09 AM
Very nice updates!!!

Paint the new black or a very dark metallic grey.

Religion is like a penis...It's OK to have one. It's OK to be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around. And PLEASE don,t try to shove it down my childrens throats.
Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:10 AM
*wheels ^^^^

Religion is like a penis...It's OK to have one. It's OK to be proud of it. But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around. And PLEASE don,t try to shove it down my childrens throats.
Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:06 AM
I've always wanted HHR SS wheels for my GXP, but I can't find any decent ones locally around here to get.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:21 AM
those wheels look chopped... lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search