(fun)ctionality - Page 2 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Monday, August 08, 2011 11:35 AM
come to think of it i have never seen a red HHR SS....down here in FL the only ones i have ever seen are black ones and the sunburnt orange

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, August 08, 2011 12:17 PM
Great color, model, engine, IMO. Congrats on purchase man!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, August 08, 2011 2:39 PM
Monday, August 08, 2011 2:48 PM

Monday, August 08, 2011 2:50 PM

Monday, August 08, 2011 7:46 PM
Like the wheels in black more than I thought.

Bet my Progress springs would drop it like such, but not using them. Great looking HHR but not sure how mine will go exterior wise, I'm content right now and first money spent exterior will be on clear paint protection for a couple areas. Not cheap either, had it quoted today.

As for now I ordered the Dejon intake and am picking up my catless DP from ZZP tomorrow. Should hold me over until I sort out tuning and installing the GMS1 stuff.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 5:26 PM
Swung by ZZP on lunch and stayed after work a little today-

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:08 PM
Until a tune the learn down feature keeps this from fully being utilized correct?

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:16 PM
Tune will definitely assist, but there is a dilemma and to how I'm going about the tuning, so I'm covering these mods first prior to doing such.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 6:48 PM
I love HHRs. Looking good so far.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, August 09, 2011 7:00 PM
It's funny because I drove a silver one when I went to Orlando for New Years, pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. Good job on the mods man

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 7:18 PM
You sure don't waste any time with car dealings, which is a good thing.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 7:37 PM
Awesome! I want my next car to be a cobalt ss but I too am tired of having all my cars 2 doors, so a red hhr ss is a good alternative. Good find.

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:32 AM
Carbon Cavi wrote:

ive never been a huge fan of black wheels but i think if i had saw this pic when we had ours i would have done it. i say lower it joe. we lowered our black one 2" and the ride quality stayed pretty decent. only really had issues with like big bumps. stayed allot closer to a stock feel then i had thought it was. that color red is a good red as well. reason why we got ours in that color. lower it, debadge it, tint the windows and call it a day on the exterior.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:48 AM
Joe I sent you a PM.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:51 AM
Yea my wheels are black i grew to love them, Nice pick up joe, Welcome to eh LNF club Buddy!

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:19 PM
Worked out my tune with my previous tuner tonight, it'll be done here shortly and is going to give me the opportunity to learn the program as well. I enjoy our decision.

I love the one above, I'm sure eventually I'll lower mine but going to drive it this winter and don't have the desire to do such right now, I have my Progress springs eye-balling me, but will probably go with something a little more moderate on the wagon. Half the coils contacted each other on the Cobalt and I've seen them fully collapsed on the HHR due to most the extra poundage being in the back I'm sure.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:21 PM
You get your package yet?

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:58 AM
I love the direction!

Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:50 AM
This came today too, Dejon intake & AEM DryFlow, not the greatest design, nor do I expect a gain, but it looks better than a box on top the engine-

...and from Andy, hah -

Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:16 PM
Very odd location for the intake but I am sure it looks better.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:57 PM
Yeah, it's a pipe with a MAF location, not too impressive, but there's not too many other places to put, it just hangs out there. Not a huge fan of it, but meh! Powdercoated black, aluminum, yep, better than the box covering the whole cover! ZZP makes a cool coil cover I may get to brighten it up, once I get the charge piping too .

Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:23 PM
Was gonna say, hard pipe kit is a must! those plastic ones make baby jesus cry.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:27 PM
Initial tune Joe is working on right now is going to be moderate, no worries on killing the plastic yet, once I have funds for a clutch I'll consider going further with the tune and have the hard piping installed too.

380+ftlb's with a potential for more wouldn't do too hot as she sits!

Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:34 PM
Keep an eye on the stock intercooler. Sometimes the plastic tanks like to fail.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search