(fun)ctionality - Page 3 - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: (fun)ctionality
Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:27 PM
Yep, got to love plastic!

Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:46 PM
Yeah brightening up and cleaning up a LNF isn't a bad Idea.... I find them to be horribly ugly looking engines. hahaha.

Monday, August 15, 2011 8:54 AM
Paintless dent guy came in this morning and took care of some little ones along the wagon.

My tuner is pretty booked solid with his work right now and other life dealings, so right now I'm just going to deal with Vince @ Trifecta to get the ball rolling.

Next year once I have the charge piping, clutch funds, and urge I may go further. Heck I might just be content with the Trifecta tune and do the piping for preventative maintenance in the future.

Monday, August 15, 2011 8:43 PM
Friend of mines SS with a K&N air filter, Werks intercooler, intercooler piping, Catless downpipe, stock exhaust, and M-dub 30psi tune on the stock clutch. I think it was 362tq I forget horsepower though. this is rallycobalt "matt" on cobaltss.net and GMsportcompact.net

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:07 PM
Nice, mine will do work soon enough. As stated, going Trifecta for now, but even Vince's moderate tune has seen 290 without any bolt-ons. My tuner a year ago had an LNF put down 308/38x and since HPT has unlocked more tables.

Rear bowtie was flaking inside like they tend to, so I bought a new one, masked it off, and let my painter do some work on it today-

Installed, with the "HHR" & "SS" debadged-

Subtle.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:22 PM
The09GXP wrote:Friend of mines SS with a K&N air filter, Werks intercooler, intercooler piping, Catless downpipe, stock exhaust, and M-dub 30psi tune on the stock clutch. I think it was 362tq I forget horsepower though. this is rallycobalt "matt" on cobaltss.net and GMsportcompact.net

30psi on stock internals?? holy boost
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:59 PM
Your rear end looks great now Joe. I mean that.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:12 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Your rear end looks great now Joe. I mean that.

QFT

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:26 PM
less talkie more pictures!

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:22 PM
Debadge FTW.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:36 PM
the_miker17(u kiddin) wrote:
The09GXP wrote:Friend of mines SS with a K&N air filter, Werks intercooler, intercooler piping, Catless downpipe, stock exhaust, and M-dub 30psi tune on the stock clutch. I think it was 362tq I forget horsepower though. this is rallycobalt "matt" on cobaltss.net and GMsportcompact.net

30psi on stock internals?? holy boost

Yup 30psi on stock internals. The stock turbo's are small on the LNF.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:07 AM
On the BW K04, 30psi is really pushing that turbo. Not my thing! Verified 3 dyno sheet's with the setup I'll have putting down 290'ish WHP figures so I'll be happy.

EZFlash cable will arrive tomorrow, so it'll be handled by this weekend. Due to not being a necessity I'm opting to not install the GMS1 sensors at this time which I'm really pleased about.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:30 PM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Your rear end looks great now Joe. I mean that.

QFT

Now back to the car.
The hatch looks good, like I told ya on your last car, good thing no debadge is occuring here again. Being original in winning.
Joe Schulte wrote:

Egad.... that's a horrible location if you want to add power. You might get better fuel efficiency though. Is cutting the hood open and sticking the filter out in your future? lol

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:35 PM
Not concerned about 4hp from an intake when I can gain 40+ from a tune.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:55 PM
correct me if I.m wrong, doesnt the air go through something a lot hotter than the front of that motor anyway?

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:07 PM
Pretty much, my intake is the silliest argument I've had with a few people now. I chose it's appearance over any minimal gain, it's all that is offered and I'm content. Powdercoated black aluminum pipe, and a DryFlow filter = 55,648 HP .

Tune and software is on the laptop, cable is arriving tomorrow. Main concern is the plastic charge piping right now, . All holds up this week with that, I'll be back at the track the 26th with a special .org turbo guest!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:08 PM
well at least we havent started talking about your rear wiper yet...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:13 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Not concerned about 4hp from an intake when I can gain 40+ from a tune. I chose it's appearance over any minimal gain, it's all that is offered and I'm content.
Gotcha. Also, was the factory airbox that bad looking? I don't remember one on the HHRs.
Also GMPP's $600 kit, what's your take, will you be putting that in?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:38 AM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:well at least we havent started talking about your rear wiper yet...

It's coming now, thanks!

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Gotcha. Also, was the factory airbox that bad looking? I don't remember one on the HHRs.
Also GMPP's $600 kit, what's your take, will you be putting that in?

The factory box covered the entire engine-
http://image.trucktrend.com/f/9995471/163_0807_06z+2009_chevy_HHR_SS+engine.jpg

As for the GMPP Stage Upgrade, all it contains are two t-maps which are 3-bar and pigtails that force you to hack apart the factory wiring and splice in. That and the calibration, which I don't need.

I acquired the sensors/pigtails already for under $100, but I'm being told right now I don't need them and I definitely don't want to compromise my factory wiring if I don't have to. So in short, for warranty and dealer install I think it's great, but too many people have issues once splicing due to a few factors, and I have the main parts if I ever need to utilize them .

Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:22 AM

Would totally look better with the rear wiper shaved.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:26 AM
I think you need to do the performance wiper mod.

But it has to be these since they are high performance wipers.

They match perfectly!!!!!

Add a second wiper to the rear and really teach that snow and rain who's boss. That shiat will never fork with you again!!!

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:18 AM
any plans for full exhaust in the future ?

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:27 AM
the Jew wrote:any plans for full exhaust in the future ?

Not with the stock turbo, I feel the same as I do with this as I did the SS/SC, the stock exhaust's flow great, I find the downpipe to be the major restriction. I love the sound right now, and I really don't see too much gain in a full exhaust. Stock piping is decent, and the muffler is rather free-flowing (have seen an LSJ's cut open).

Thanks for the rear wiper suggestions, dickheads!!

Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:28 AM
Anything to help Joe.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:28 PM
Trifecta goodies sitting in front of me anxiously awaiting 5'o clock.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search