winter boredome. - Page 19 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winter boredom.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:17 AM
i'd say look into a magnum or a little patriot. I really wanted to pick up the 300C here at the dodge dealership in Airdrie (130km full load, 12,890 all in) but my insurance was just a bit out of reach... Sigh, good luck with the car shopping

Hopefully it warms up out so I can change my o2 sensor soon... Oh, and I shut down some widebody crx trying to do a flybye the other day... good stuff... made me lol

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Monday, March 28, 2011 6:46 PM
you guys suck balls at posting.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Monday, March 28, 2011 7:27 PM
Well, I have come across some good luck recently. Good thing after two years of pure effn hell. I am currently in the works of acquiring either a 2011 Ford Fusion SE or a 2010 model depending on how the financing goes. They do have a 2010 Focus SES with all the bells and whistles, but the dealer said that the Fusion would look better due to it's higher value. They ARE willing to use the Focus if the financing company agrees to it. I was supposed to know today if I got the 2011 Fusion, but they are still grilling the financing company for a better rate. Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.
Monday, March 28, 2011 10:37 PM
Can't say I liked the Fusion. Same problem I had with the Focus and Fiesta: In their class, you can get better for the same or less money.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:09 AM
The Focus has been a bread-winner for Ford since 2003, and it's a proven car for reliability (Mostly due to Mazda drivetrain). My friends had an '05 SXT before they sold it off, my roomie has his '05 ZX5, and another friend has his '08 SE. All have had no ill problems with the mechanical portion of the vehicle. I am cautious of the Fusion because of supposed problems with the 6F35 transmission, but I think Ford cleared that up in the 2011 model year. Ford was the only company that was going to work a deal with me, and I know the hassle of dealing with GM. As for imports; Thanks but no thanks.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:38 PM
Im not commenting as I know the @!#$us, and the pukion very well and the fusion so you know was not the tranny it was the PTU seal that was leaking, happened to all the taurus, fusion and the escapes, anything else you need to know? lol, afterall I am the ford tech lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:44 AM
so.......it seems we have another jbody a 2001 sunflower with 200k km on it, 5 speed, silver, tinted, only thing she needs is rear struts(use ones off the red sunflower, and replace mounts), and throwout bearing on its way out......but only paid $750.00 for her, nice clean car, good paint, no rust, maintined(saw receipts), lady driven (highway), brand new winter tires( going for my car, and tossing the 2000 sunflower rims and tires on it), Im thinking let the throwout bearing go then have reason to take out engine and replace with 3400 and new clutch, should make a nice little sleeper, so means the red 98 sunflower with 170k km on her will be up for sale

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:01 AM
Brian E wrote:The Focus has been a bread-winner for Ford since 2003, and it's a proven car for reliability (Mostly due to Mazda drivetrain). My friends had an '05 SXT before they sold it off, my roomie has his '05 ZX5, and another friend has his '08 SE. All have had no ill problems with the mechanical portion of the vehicle. I am cautious of the Fusion because of supposed problems with the 6F35 transmission, but I think Ford cleared that up in the 2011 model year. Ford was the only company that was going to work a deal with me, and I know the hassle of dealing with GM. As for imports; Thanks but no thanks.

What've you got against imports? Well built, easy to work on, good fuel economy, and in my experience, better dealers.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, April 01, 2011 7:46 PM
Alberta Honda has been known to eff over their customers on service. One of my previous ex-managers had numerous problems with them and went to Millwoods Honda for his servicing. I did a lot of research on the Fusion (warranty/EPA/reliability/CoO) before making my decision and due to the recent Toyota debacle, and Honda's latest TSB's/recalls on airbags, I was not going to go near one. If something does break, parts have to come from Japan, which means timely delays. If I was also to go back home for any reason, there a lack of import dealerships. The nearest Honda dealership is 600 KM's from my home town, the same with Nissan and Subaru is 350 KM's away in the opposite direction. The only one that's local is Toyota. The Asian fellow (kickass mechanic) that use to work on all types of cars put up his hat years ago, so there are no private mechanics that can work on imports. They don't have the dominance in small towns. Seeing that I don't plan on stay in this dirty oil-based hell hole for the rest of my life, I'd like to own something which can get serviced nearly anywhere.

That's my take on it.
Friday, April 01, 2011 9:51 PM
Fair enough. I'd honestly not worry about Toyota's problems anymore, though.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, April 02, 2011 12:12 PM
My sunfire rims go bye bye next Friday evening... Mmm 17 inch FF7 motegis and big fat rubbers are going on. Might go cruise to the mountains and take some pics!

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 11:13 PM
Its melted enough up here to get to the cav, so I've started my work to get it ready for the road. Anyone ever wrap a shift knob or handbrake in leather before? I have an old jacket I could make a leather fitting for both out of. Once I get the center console out (have to dig up my torx screwdrivers), I could at least make a boot for the handbrake.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:44 PM
F*cking snow just had to kill the Summer thread.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Friday, September 30, 2011 1:41 PM
Well its getting colder it's not really summer anymore BUMP to the WINTER BOREDOM!
What's new with everyone?

Friday, September 30, 2011 11:02 PM
you know my incredible news

I need a new sig.
Saturday, October 01, 2011 11:39 PM
For the first time ever, my wife is saving money. I'm somewhat shocked.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, October 02, 2011 3:49 PM
wait, what?

I need a new sig.
Thursday, October 06, 2011 3:46 PM
~Chick_Nikki~ wrote:Well its getting colder it's not really summer anymore BUMP to the WINTER BOREDOM!

Means ski / snowboard season is around the corner!!

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:46 PM
means my s10 is parked for another 6 months after all the work into this year i got a whooping 514km on this summer hahaha oh well, but ill be getting parts together for an eco swap and S/C parts for the cavy so next summer ill have fun with some boost in it
Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:27 AM
BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eco BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, October 21, 2011 4:45 PM
haha i was waiting for you to chime in , the LD9 still runs strong but she is gettin miled up at 280k now

Saturday, October 22, 2011 1:59 PM
haha I love my LD9 I want to take the old engine and rebuild again lol, I ran up here in PG and didnt get what I wanted in times , but stock weight, and system, but then again the new car looking more show then go lmfao

Friday, October 28, 2011 2:25 PM
xtremepimpin wrote:haha i was waiting for you to chime in , the LD9 still runs strong but she is gettin miled up at 280k now

I hear ya...my LD9 is just over 290K now...but still going strong!

1972 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray LT1
2008 Chevrolet Colorado, Crew Cab, 3.7L I5, 4X4

Friday, October 28, 2011 11:11 PM
My old LN2 is over 360k and still runs. It does need a head gasket though. I think the owner will take it off the road soon, because the body is becoming too weak to hold together much longer.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:47 PM
thats all? the black car was 546,xxxkm when it got torn down

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search